Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
jealous. was 26 first time i saw snow and as i only get to deal with it two-yearly on my brief euro jaunts it still excites me.

fresh sugar plums off the tree and snow. i'm sure europe has more to offer than that but they seem to be what excites me most.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, looks nice. Hope it wasn't the capri you cracked up as that would be the most fun car to drift I think.
Wish I had snow, except when I want to ride the scoot.
Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Fuck snow. This will be my third winter up north after living down south for nearly a decade. I was sick of it after the first week. Sure it's pretty when it falls overnight and you wake up to a thick blanket of pristine white. Then it gets grey and black from traffic, and you have to shovel it, and scrape it off of the car which means you've got to leave ten minutes earlier than usual. And people can't drive for shit so really you've got to leave half an hour earlier.

Fuck snow.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Am I pissed when it starts snowing...

When it starts snowing, it's time to put the cycle up for the season, strip it down again and put all the neat thing you though about during the summer. So the heater in the shop is fired up, the beers are just outside the side door keeping cool and my buds and I can spend the next four months lying to each other. The bikes get much need repair, projects started last year get finished.

If we really get bored - then the snowmobiles and ice bikes get pulled out from the back of the shop..

I just hope Santa brings me that new rear tire, those fancy riding boots I've been looking at all year and an early spring...

Nope - I'm not pissed one bit....

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm, maybe il build a 'cafe snowracer' out of the honda i just bought :D

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, maybe il build a 'cafe snowracer' out of the honda i just bought :D

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Wow...that's actually some real snow there...how rare is this in the UK?

CT70's ... one of the top five best wheel vehicles ever produced.

JohnnyB

·
Super Moderator
11,267 Posts
Wow...that's actually some real snow there...how rare is this in the UK?

CT70's ... one of the top five best wheel vehicles ever produced.

JohnnyB

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its not rare, we get it every winter :D, but the depth of it this winter is abnormal, we havent had it this thick since the 70's, its now 8inch thick in my yard..

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its not rare, we get it every winter :D, but the depth of it this winter is abnormal, we havent had it this thick since the 70's, its now 8inch thick in my yard..

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

Damn, that sounds a bit serious.
Country shut down yet?
British Rail stopped because its 'wrong type of snow'?
Just got message from guy in Blaengarw, it's -8 there, with snow
Just gotta be lucky I'm living in Florida :D (although Hurricanes really suck, particularly when the power goes out-at least you don't have a mosquito problem)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

Damn, that sounds a bit serious.
Country shut down yet?
British Rail stopped because its 'wrong type of snow'?
Just got message from guy in Blaengarw, it's -8 there, with snow
Just gotta be lucky I'm living in Florida :D (although Hurricanes really suck, particularly when the power goes out-at least you don't have a mosquito problem)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tony It's sad to see "Global warming" made it across the pond? We all know that damm George Bush (sorry, Tony Blair, for you) caused it. It's a conspiracy!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Tony It's sad to see "Global warming" made it across the pond? We all know that damm George Bush (sorry, Tony Blair, for you) caused it. It's a conspiracy!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts