Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike fired up great this morning and i took a long hour long backway drive to the tattoo shop i work at and parked behind the back.

after the day was over and we were all leaving, my bike wouldnt start electrically, or pop started.

so i had to leave it at the shop overnight, with no cover (left it at home). for anyone to just walk up to and take whatever parts they please, really.

tommorrow im bringing my trickle charger, but im just so damn nervous about leaving it there.

just had to get it off my chest.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
most people generally leave old bikes alone. nothing valuable to steal except the license plate. I wouldn't leave my car unlocked in my neighborhood but three nights in a row I left my GS750 parked outside, unlocked and uncovered and nothing happened.

The worst thing that ever happens to my old bikes on the street is some little ghetto child climbs aboard and makes motorcycle noises, readjusts the mirrors, and fiddles with the gearshift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luckily its in the back behind the shop and not infront. behind it is the back entrance to our shop, and the back entrance to a pizza place. hopefully its the battery. i got a new one and im replacing it tomorrow before my first appointment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dad and his mates back in the day when leaving hte bikes out somewhere used to take something sensible off the bike to confuse people.

As one of them was a mechanic whos bike was forever falling apart kept a few spanners in his jacket, and so they would park the bikes in gear and simple remove the gear lever. You ever tried turning the lever by hand? Doesnt work.

Simple but effective

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LuminousPube

And the clutch lever, i wasnt thinking when i typed this up
Someday, I will tell you the story of having to nurse a cb750 60 miles back to home base with a broken clutch cable, ie no clutch lever. Race style push starts at every traffic light.

gearshift lever makes more sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts