Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ignition switch went bad on my bike about a week or so ago so I bought a new one. Everything went well and I tested and made sure the new keys would open my gas tank; they did. Great. I threw the old ignition switch and key away thinking that was the end of it... But now I've come to find out my seat lock doesn't work with the new key...

This won't really be that much of a problem because I am about the put on a new seat that won't work with the hinges or lock, but I'll need a way to get the current seat off to change the seat...

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Remove side panels, use needle nose pliers to remove clips and knock out the hinge pins.
Then you have to unbolt lock mechanism from seat (if it's a Honda)
Suzuki, you can usually flex seat enough to get to the catch with a long screwdriver or bar (around 1/4" max dia)

·
Registered
681 Posts
We need a TV show based around junkyards like that. Teams go in and have 24 hours to produce a racer for whatever circuit is nearby using only the bits in the junk yard, power tools donated by Tractor Supply Co, tires by Chen Sheng and fluids from Walmart's automotive section.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
my wife gave me the dirtiest look in the world when i said that i wanted to live in that bus in the background...

·
Registered
405 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Kurlon

We need a TV show based around junkyards like that. Teams go in and have 24 hours to produce a racer for whatever circuit is nearby using only the bits in the junk yard, power tools donated by Tractor Supply Co, tires by Chen Sheng and fluids from Walmart's automotive section.
Thats JUNK YARD WARS only strictly bikes....
I did like that show..I'd tune in to watch bike builds!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts