Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helmet, and Jacket are done. So times for boots. I'm not looking for anything Mad Max or Rossi just a good durable safe "real" riding boot that won't kill me if I have to walk a mile. Will be on road and not exactly doing any knee dragging just week end long 2 wheel therapy sessions. Any preferences? Anything to look out for? This is what I was concidering. https://www.leatherup.ca/p/Shop-Street-Boots/Vulcan-Mens-Shift-Sport-Boot/11488983.html

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I purchased these boots three years ago and it's been love from first meeting. BTW - at the time I spent 100 dollars for the same boot. The fit well, very comfortable and very tough...

Item: #X1941

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've got two sets of boots from Cycle Gear one sets vented (perforated) leather the other set has leather gortex and leather and race in them and street ride as well held up great for short $$. Sizing I a bit off so I'd suggest buy size up and go from there they have no hassle returns.
Some hate CG I have had great luck with everything I have seen before I buy

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
TCX Boots are the best. First to have a CE certificate. Every pair of boots imported into the USA is CE certified. Many try to copy TCX.....but always miss the mark. You can't beat 40 years of excellence and experience in making boots.....plus the majority of the line is manufactured in their own plant in Europe.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
TCX Boots are the best. First to have a CE certificate. Every pair of boots imported into the USA is CE certified. Many try to copy TCX.....but always miss the mark. You can't beat 40 years of excellence and experience in making boots.....plus the majority of the line is manufactured in their own plant in Europe.
Hey, look who stopped in for a visit!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They just happen to be having a closeout sale on a cheaper model. Given the cost of the Bike, insurance, helmet, jacket, and pants, I'm up for a deal. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
logos-ce-europa-y-chino.jpg

be aware of the mark. try one on and pull/the zips/seams etc at the local big dealership and then buy from a reputable online dealer of said "branded" boots online...... blah..... I've been drinking now.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
anyway I trust neither...... if it's made in Europe then it has an e number....... i'm an size 11..... but sometimes I can bed into a cheap pair of tens........... when buying shoes I like to try one on.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have a pair of Ariat Catalyst boots. Yes they are meant for riding horse, but they are really good on a bike too. Comfortable to walk in, good protection where the shifter hits your foot. Comes in a few colors, everyone I have come across likes them because they are kind of funky looking.

Ariat_10014041_15.jpg

·
Registered
703 Posts
I bought some RST "stunt" short boots the other week and they're really good, especially when it's warm and you just want to wear trainers/sneakers. I got caught in a thunderstorm the other week and my feet were the only part that stayed dry too.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I have a pair of Ariat Catalyst boots. Yes they are meant for riding horse, but they are really good on a bike too. Comfortable to walk in, good protection where the shifter hits your foot. Comes in a few colors, everyone I have come across likes them because they are kind of funky looking.

View attachment 20582
Do they do them in men's sizes???

I just got all excited and started a new thread aboot the importance of good boots and then stumbled across this gem.....

do you wear jodpurs too?...... :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts