Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
to pretty and too tiny for you Geeto,needs a hot chick on that ride .

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
You know, it's a sweet resto-mod, all except the god damn exhaust, which can't suck enough. It's a damn shame, 'cause I like the tank/seat, and the rest looks sano.
Damn.

FR

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ok then buy the bike change the exhaust give it to a cute chick to ride and KEEP IT AWAY FROM GeeTO or duck fast when he comes into your garage.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
You guys suck. That exhaust is totally sick! Looks like the bike was designed that way - 40yr old underseat pipe? Sweet!

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I've got pretty much the same engine and frame sitting in my shop waiting to be made into something.
So far I've collected a VFR250 front end (fit the alloy Duc trees), and a T500 drum that will be used on it.
Still has the alloy Akront flanged rims on it. Just need to order a couple of spoke kits from NHF racing for it and relace the wheels.
Might be racing by 2008.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
im not sure, and i think someone can chime in here, but im prettysure i have a pic of that bike from rockerbox last year.

jc

·
Registered
217 Posts
That bike won The last Mods Vs. Rockers show in Chicago this past summer, as well as the Rockerbox show in Wisc.
From what I have heard the guy who built it NEVER rides it, except from his trailer a block or so into the show, then back to the trailer..

Pretty bike indeed...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Everyone; Thanks for both the positive and negative feedback! I never expected everyone to like this bike, especially the exhaust. It is refreshing to hear your honest opinions. The project has been fun and the bike actually runs quite well (JohnnyB: Not quite up to racing standards, but with proper jetting - a very lean main- it goes pretty darn good).
ProTeal55: Not sure who your sources are, but your "facts" are a bit off. First of all, I did not win Mods V. Rockers, a well deserving Vincent took top honors. My Duc won the Best Italian class. Second, this bike is not just a trailer queen. I do frequently trailer it to shows, along with my other custom Duc, for several reasons: 1. I find it difficult to ride 2 bikes at once 2. If the weather is crap, the time I spent cleaning it for the show is not wasted 3. It is hard to haul home most trophies on a bike this small. Had you or your "source" bothered to check with me or my wife or my neighbors (the only people who would know whether or not I ride the bike), you would have found out that I do ride it frequently around the Holy Hill area (north of Milwaukee) and other small backroads here in "Lake Country". It certainly is not my daily ride (Valkrie and Buell S2T) but it does get ridden, and ridden fairly hard. Sorry to rain on your parade...
DucDave

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dave, one of the things I find so attractive about the bike is that it is finely executed. The design is cleaner and the workmanship better than any factory could do, yet it is understated enough that you could belive that is the way the bike was made originally. the fit and finish looks beyond excellent.

good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Dave,
Like I mentioned above...I have a 350 Scrambler (rolling chassis and engine) in the shop now. Your bike will pretty much be the "ideal" I'll be shooting for when it comes to looks (hehe...probably different exhaust though). I absolutely love simple, clean, functional.
Your bike is a beautiful piece of work, just what I picture the factory producing right now if they were to build 350's again.

And....even if it was a trailer queen... so what, it deserves special treatment.
JohnnyB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts