Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went xr100 riding with bucky, again. this time a few pics. we had the place all to ourselves again pretty much. one guy there on a kx125, and steve had his 250 out. but only the 125 was out with us.

heres a few pics.

luke on the kx

bucky busting one on the big jump

bucky ready for the stepdown. i was finally making it just to the step. once i get a crossbar pad, and some decent armor, ill clear it to the bottom. luke was landing on the flat on the 125.

heres the left hand sweeper that connects the 2 big jumps.

heres the view off the top of the step down. its alot further than it looks.

heres the landing and straight to t1

heres the run from the final corner to the big jump. hit this fucker as fast as you can. the landing is perfect.

the entrance to t1, after the long straight from the big step down. yes, its that down hill, and yes, its that off camber.

the t1 exit looking towards the t2 berm. out of t2, there are sticker bushes on the right. they hurt. then the first little double.

t2 exit, note shredded sticker bushes on right. thats the little douuble. then its a hairpin left off camber. to an imediate right hander with a nice berm, with an imdiate left hander with a big berm, then the back tabletop.

t4, youre going to the right.

t5 youre going left.

heres the back section. its like 4 hairpins decreasing in size each one. with a few berms, then it leads to the bigjump. the course is half mile. a little long for the 100's, but hella fun.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I bought a new bike. Well it's new to me. You can't pass up a hundred dollar bike. Well atleast I can't! lol. She's a beaut! 1981 Yamaha XS400. Just snapped the pics a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice gas tank interior.

jb, its actually a great little track. needs a few more bumps or berms. or maybe some bigger tabletops. its just overall fast. he was timing us. i was doing low 140's. wish i had a few pics of me...oh well. the grass sections are great. really different. it was real dry, but check it out, he has a water tank for wetting the thing down when he wants! he has a smaller jd, like a 30hp, with a mow deck and bucket, and he rents a loader from the local true value. but he can pull a water tank behind it. we're in the middle of a drought, and there is some serious dust and dirt. bucky was chasing me a good part of the day, he was literally brown in color when we finished. but hes seriously hooked.

the new tires helped tons. and goggles. what a difference. i lost the clip on my chain and threw it about 3 corners into the day. i ground one link off for a new side plate, modified a 530 clip from my tool box, and pieced it all back together and ran it for about 2 hours that way. my steering bearings are loose again. should be interesteing to see what kind of beating they have taken.

we upgraded buckys springs this morning. he likes the ride. those springs are perfect for him.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
you guys suck. I worked at the office for 12 hours today (still there as I am typing this). No that is not a metaphor for something else, I was actually at work. Penance for taking yesterday and tomorrow off.

The upside? tomorrow I plan on getting a lot of caferacer bike work done.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey BJ, when ya gettin yers???

jc

·
Registered
699 Posts
i woke up sore from racing a motocross race yesterday...hadn't been on an mx track in 3 years and i could tell! but i almost won the c class until i tipped over in a berm and killed the motor...dang. anyway, once i got out of bed, i stripped and painted the RD pipes and then ran 11 miles. that is what i did on sunday

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well today I spent the day tooling around in a lowered '67 Cadillac that my boss lent me. Wow I love my job haha.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ran 11 miles after a race?? yeah, im sure youre in real tough shape. jesus, i couldnt run 11 miles period. last monday was buckys third time on the 100. at the same place. he said he couldnt run on monday morning. actually was lying on the den floor for a while sunday night. before they made him move!

its crazy how much youll hurt after riding these things. even the 100's. man, makes you freakin tired. makes you want to float in a swimming pool.

what were you riding? where? steve was asking if i wanted to ride the rm250. i didnt even want to ride the kx125. those things are serious!

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zoulou....hope you werent paying for gas!! sounds like a kickass day.

jc

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I was kinda bummed about not being able to go to Rockerbox, still wanting to do some chopper "research" so I rode my 550 to J+P's worldwide headquarters and looked at some chopper junk. That was a little weird, my little 2-stroke in a parking lot full of Harleys. Only one with a helmet too, different crowd than what I'm used to....

Went to the National Motorcycle Museum. Yea I don't know why it's in Fumbuck Iowa either. They had some decent stuff. Most of my pics didn't turn out, but a few that did...

A twin-engined TZ750 powered dragbike;

Old hillclimber, spooky....

This thing.

Don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the crossbars on the tracks are wood.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the old escalator in dowtown crossing in boston was wooden until about 10 years ago. it was always at an angle too. oldest opaertional one in the country. the smithsonian has it now. it was quite the engineering marvel. that hillclimber looks like something theyd have before hillclimbs were invented. holy crap.

jc

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
drove back home from the supermoto race in conn. ate a fried fish sandwich. swept the shop and popped some air bubbles trapped in the adhesive vinyl on my number plates. admired the burnout patch a made in the driveway w/ the vfr. rode my bike (yeah, it's a single speed, no, it's not a fixxie, as if you care) in a 10 mile loop and pulled a muscle in my ribs pounding a steep climb on little john isl. had a great meal with M. now I'm self medicating w/ shipyard exports, 200mg ibuprofens, and the olympics. not a top 10 but I'll take it.

If you can, hoist a cold one to Anthony Hart. High sided coming out of the infield section during practice saturday, suffered massive head injuries and could not be revived at the hospital. remember this stuff is supposed to be fun. y'all be cool out there.

cheers, bcr

·
Registered
546 Posts
Naw Joe car came with a full tank and i can return it with as much as I want at work tomorrow so yes it was a great day.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Worked in the store.

Looked at a new shop space. Cool landlord, wired for 220, with compressor, and cheap. Fingers crossed.

Spoke with Mark, FR's brother. Jazzed about his new bike, courtesy bcr, a cl100?

Bourbon Manhattan.

Stared at the Giro bike, resisted my temptation to take it apart.

Bison burgers, corn, and taters on the grill. The Mrs. loves it when I cook.

Listened to the Clash.

A couple of beers. Time for a nap.

Cheers,
Leo

Anthony Hart, R.I.P.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I rode home through a nasty nasty storm. monsoon type rains at times, and some 40mph gusting crosswinds. it was, interesting to say the least. i have been in some rain, but nothing quite like that i dont think.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts