Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It'll be a blast-room, and you'll have to rock full coveralls and hood style resporator, otherwise the soda would REALLY dry you out.

I got it mostly to do engine cases, cylinders, carbs, etc.

Mostly for removing baked on oil and varnished fuel but, with more abrasive soda it will remove paint. Any soda will remove and neutralize rust. Best part is no masking, no lost paticles in your engine and water clean-up. I'll post pics once I'm set-up.

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My father has an old collapseable paint booth he made in the 80's with a filtration system, basically a plywood room, I figured I'd wrap it in plastic and use it like that. Hadn't even considered the static, that shit would pack a serious punch. Thanks to your input, I have reconsidered the whole thing. Since the media washes away with water doing it outdoors is no problem, just rinse it away. You wouldn't want to do it near your lawn... but luckily my workshop is tucked away into the industrial wasteland, already considered a superfund site. Hooray for the largest oilspill in north america! Anyway, I think I'll do some tests outdoors first. If it turns out to be something I do a lot of I can frame out a small room and run a filtration system.

Joe, got any festool yet?

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
www.NYCvinMoto.com
www.VinMoto.org

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.