Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
would you go 95 on those tires????

funny, ones painted like a ducati, and ones painted like a triumph.

the 1st one is a real nice looking bike.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
to me, a real cafe is british. a norton, bsa, or triumph, in the purest sense of the word. even a matchless, ducati, parilla, or id even throw vincent in there. but hey, im a brit snob at heart. its got to top 100, and its got to be at least pre 1969. and yes, im counting out the cb's! a real cafe bike isnt a 4 in my opinion its a twin or single.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
matt, youre all fucking wrong. you gotta do all that, with the same helmet! my dad use to strap his parachute to his 58 cub, ride to the airport, get in the plane, then parachute out with the same helmet. back in 1970. i always thought that was tough.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
<<Cafe , in my view, is a style of bike and style of ridding. A fast bike, made faster with simple modifications, because originally cafe racers were not rich kids buying the latest fad, but real motorcycle ridders making their bikes faster for fun in the city and country roads. Less weight, less accesories, aerodynamic posture for speed, a leather jacket for protection.>>

you could almost substitute "choppers" in there. how many times have i read that same thing in the old iron horse magazine?

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
i hate hate. what does that mean anyway? im so confused.

kinda reminds me of this radio show i listen to. a guy always says
"i hate cancer, i hate it so much i beat up people who have it"

i always thought that was funny.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
your norton is great. even better that you still own it. i love talking to guys that have had the same cool bike since before i was born!

very very cool

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

· Registered
11,783 Posts
who here had the sporton? was it you scott? i cant remember but someone here had one and i remember seeing it. the lance thing is creepy in a cool way. weird eh tex?

whats cool is that someone can get something almost new if not new, and manage to hang onto it. something thats as cool as a manx or roadrunner, or gto. i want to smack my dad across the face sometimes because of all of the cool stuff he had when it was new and i was 2. i feel ya though bull. i feel the same way. but look at it this way....if youre like me, alot of the stuff you own is 30 years old or older. and it still runs down the road pretty good. my bonneville is 40 years old. my race bike is almost that. hell, even my roadbike is 30. and it has a disk brake! i at one point would have never thought id own a 30 year old motorcycle that i ride everyday, that has a disk brake. it just never would have occured to me 15 years ago. its very very cool. i hope youre buried with that bike. no one else should be allowed to own it. its yours.

jc

aaron, send my wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.