Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW that most of the folks on this site are not into Bobbers, Choppers or anything where the heels are infront of the engine. So there is little reason for the Smokeout held in North Carolina by The Horse magazine to even register on the radar here. But Cafe Bikes are showing up there more and more. Many of them are straight out of Cafe Racer tv. But some are pretty good. In some cases cafe parts are makeing the jump to choppers. There are bunch of picts on a face book site called Dirty Old Motorcycles of the Triad. https://www.facebook.com/ward.swann#!/pages/Dirty-Old-Motorcycles-of-the-Triad/124001274318529 But here are a few that may interest you.

a1.jpg a2.jpg a3.jpg
g1.jpg g2.jpg g3.jpg g4.jpg
GOPR0046.jpg h1.jpg h2.jpg h3.jpg h4.jpg
GOPR0047.jpg IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0072.jpg

·
Administrator
319 Posts
A turbo 250 Rebel? Really?

The Steampunk Harley is almost interesting, though. Looks like a lot of fine detail, regardless of functionality.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the sportster, the scrambler and the bike with the sextant will have a small feature in The Horse. The last orange bike is a track bike that "Brew Dude" has had featured in the mag. They had one on one training for Tig welding. The pict I shot was after the torch stopped but before the light of the shirt had finished reflecting. too weird. BTW if you ever need anything that Monstercraftsman.com can provide get it from them. Jon is on the rt in the welding shot and did a lot of work for free for folks at the event. SUPER nice and SUPER aproachable.
IMG_0073.jpg IMG_0077.jpg IMG_0078.jpg IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg IMG_0076.jpg IMG_0095.jpg j1.jpg

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A turbo 250 Rebel? Really?

The Steampunk Harley is almost interesting, though. Looks like a lot of fine detail, regardless of functionality.
The steampunk Harley has flame throwers out the exhaust.

·
Registered
290 Posts
On the subject of Sportsters, what's the deal with the stock swingarm? To me it looks pretty spindly. Mert did a wacky double-pivot that looks sweet, and for the amount of work he had to put into it, I have to assume that the stock one is really terrible. Not much for triangles going on at the steering head either, right?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Whats up with that log style, 2-1 intake on the green bike? Looks like they have the bellmouth facing the wrong way?...

Oh ram air, duhhh!

Or a rainscoop, even!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats up with that log style, 2-1 intake on the green bike? Looks like they have the bellmouth facing the wrong way?...

Oh ram air, duhhh!

Or a rainscoop, even!
That was what I first noticed about the bike too. I'm curious how much air gets into each of the carbs. I bet the left side runs a little lean. And yeah, it was drizling and he had a plastic bag and a rubber band on the intake. I can barely remember to turnon the petcock. That plastic would be cloging up my left carb in no time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts