Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bloke came from Bolton tonight to pick the gold RD200 up, so he turns up at 9pm in a 4wheel drive with a small flat trailer, no proper tie down straps, just some shitty old rope, oh and no lights on the trailer ,by the time we got it tied on safe (ish) it was 9.35pm, already past lighting up time yet he had no lights and just short of 100 miles to travel back home on the motorway . unbelievable, im expecting him to get pulled by the rozzers and tell me the bike fell over and damaged it. nobhead!

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true, but i just dont understand the mentality of some grown men.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true, but i just dont understand the mentality of some grown men.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I sold a Jetskit to a guy that came with a Chrysler Pacifica, with no trailer....

we pushed it in and he drove away.....

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I sold a Jetskit to a guy that came with a Chrysler Pacifica, with no trailer....

we pushed it in and he drove away.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
You should have seen the idiot that came to buy an early 1970s cub cadet lawn mower from us. He came with a tiny wooden trailer with ramshackle sides with reflectors nailed on it and I had no idea how it was going to fit on. the man had a jacket that was 100% covered in patches and you could barely tell it used to be a leather jacket and if I remember correctly he used 2x4s to get it up on the trailer but, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You should have seen the idiot that came to buy an early 1970s cub cadet lawn mower from us. He came with a tiny wooden trailer with ramshackle sides with reflectors nailed on it and I had no idea how it was going to fit on. the man had a jacket that was 100% covered in patches and you could barely tell it used to be a leather jacket and if I remember correctly he used 2x4s to get it up on the trailer but, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
You sold the bike, punter came to fetch it (unprepared)...

Once you have cash in hand, it's time to sit back in a lawn chair (do you have those in England?), with a cold one (or, in England, a lukewarm one), and watch the new owner struggle to load the motorcycle onto the trailer & secure it. As I would say to my my own children, "This is a lesson (for the new owner) that teaches itself.
Or... in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

BTW, I Googled "punter" this afternoon at work... nifty word. We need an equivalent in English. I'm hoping I have/am using it correctly. It's my new favo(u)rite word.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
You sold the bike, punter came to fetch it (unprepared)...

Once you have cash in hand, it's time to sit back in a lawn chair (do you have those in England?), with a cold one (or, in England, a lukewarm one), and watch the new owner struggle to load the motorcycle onto the trailer & secure it. As I would say to my my own children, "This is a lesson (for the new owner) that teaches itself.
Or... in the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does."

BTW, I Googled "punter" this afternoon at work... nifty word. We need an equivalent in English. I'm hoping I have/am using it correctly. It's my new favo(u)rite word.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
But in a derogatory (less than complimentary) way, no?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
But in a derogatory (less than complimentary) way, no?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
If only he spoke English, eh?

Jack, if you haven't seen "Hot Fuzz", do yourself a favor. It's hilarious.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
If only he spoke English, eh?

Jack, if you haven't seen "Hot Fuzz", do yourself a favor. It's hilarious.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes to jack and yes to judey, sorry i sometimes forget im talking to foreigners :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts