Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bet he's whimping out in the last minute! Joe's going but not racing due to his competive fall against some 250 out in the woods while riding naked.

Alex

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
tex is working. hes in richmond today. talking about bringing casey up for lunch tomorrow. hes just a busy boy hocking leathers.

he was here over the weekend, doing the top end on his motor. he left with motor in stand, and a rolling chasis. so we'll see what happens. the only reason i might not be racing is $$$$. but ill be there for sure!

jc

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm trying not to start rumors or say words that I have to eat but, you guys get us all riled up up here so we will come down there and race and one guy is in a milk crate and the other is going to stay on the porch! Wow southern hospitality is hard to read.Can't you go steal a running bike or rob someone or something? You are city people and thats what us woodsie Mainers think you guys do all the time.If you roll out the red carpet you should be standing at the end.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
guys.... lets get along now.

btw.... the boxes have been sent. imslow's pan is being shipped to lonewolfs house. sexy texy... your thongis on it's way.... tt you know.

nothing for you soto

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
wolf,
don't ya just love how one yaks it up and bails!!! it always amazes me how if you are into it, you would have a plan and know your bike has to be prepared and that there is $$ involved and you would put $$ aside. HUH....spirit goes along way i guess.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know what's going on...but i'm no southerner, and can't throw my hat in with you mainers either, but i'm sure as hell gonna race at VIR next weekend no matter who shows. stephen, i'm especially hopin' you're there with EVIL, and i don't see how you can back out after your last statement. and joe, if you're at the track, you'll be racin'. i'm more than positive tex'll be there. so now we're just waiting on strempher? my bike is ready and getting more so every day and i've already registered in all three classes.

that's all-
tt

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:so now we're just waiting on strempher?
Bike isn't ready and i don't have any money and evil didn't invite me and parks isn't going and i only race good tracks and monkeys not going and pb isn't going and dale wont shut up and branson wont give me any advise and i have to work and im going to the giro.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
bitches,

i'm going to be at v.i.r. with my new Rev'it! Replica Leathers, a fresh top end, fresh TANNERMATIC seat (that's the shiznet), fresh THR headers and meggies, and a few other surprises for the mainers, new yawkers, southerners, and even alaskans if they show.

soto......blow me!

the rest of you bitches.......i'll see you in t1, on lap 7, when i'm lapping you!

L8R, bitches!

texy

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
god bless you tex....it's-so-on(race 1,4,6) . let's go fast. we can't let aron can't get away.

stremph- your words need notes, i can hear the song already, but you must add "and 15 hours is way more than 15 minutes"..and ..."i'm a loser baby...so why can't you beat me"

i will not get lapped...not even in V3-
tt

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
hee hee hee haahaahaa! bubble bubble bubble blub blub blub! I sure hope that its as easy to get my bike started as it is to get something started here.The deal is on Y'all. 6-5-4-3-2-1

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
tex i have new leathers too i need to talk to you email me your email has bounced back twice from caferacer
evel

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i guess those excuses are just as good as 'i cant race any other track because im only allowed to die of heart failure in new hampshire'

see you guys at vir

jc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EVIL-

http://wera.com/pdf/vir032308.pdf

right now vintage is part of Lightweight for Friday...which could change if there are lots of vintage bikes.

for Saturday, vintage was left off the practice schedule but it will be fixed by raceday. we'll be practice group 6.

as for our potential convoy....i'm not sure when i'll be leaving on thursday and i'm picking up Rosko in NYC, so it won't work. i'm guessing you guys will go right by my house on I-84...well you should anyway.

so stoked you guys are comin' down.
-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
wera.com

practice for vintage bikes on friday will depend on who gets there and how many. there was talk of running the vintage bikes with lightweight. but if enough show, im guessing we will have our own round. seans trying to get as much track time to everyone as possible, so if 6 vintage rigs show, they'll probably run them with lightweight. if 6 lightweight bikes show, theyll probably group them with vintage. if 25 of each show, then they'll be split. its going to run kind of loosely. one thing i heard about when they ran one at road atlanta, you had to pay 2 gate fees for the weekend. one for the practice day, and one to race. i posted about it on the wera board, but sean only said one fee will cover you for the weekend. so just be aware, that fee might be 2 gate fees. i was told that last time you had to go back to the gate to get a new wrist band to race saturday. so there might be some chaos there.

as for saturday and sunday, the schedule is pretty much always the same. we usually have round 4 of practice i think. it wasnt in the schedule they posted though. and of course we'll get 2 rounds saturday morning. so make your life easy, and dont bring more than 2 bikes! all vintage bikes run at the same time. well, up to v5 runs at the same time saturday. then v6 and up runs sunday morning.

see ya there!

jc

1 - 20 of 40 Posts