Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
quote:Originally posted by champ

quote:so now we're just waiting on strempher?
Bike isn't ready and i don't have any money and evil didn't invite me and parks isn't going and i only race good tracks and monkeys not going and pb isn't going and dale wont shut up and branson wont give me any advise and i have to work and im going to the giro.
That's taking a page out of my book...I got excuses out the ass baby! And most of them are real. Some of us older guys, but not so old we can retire, have lives, jobs, homes all that stuff.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I'm inviting you. so there. Unga's gonna do it . . . .
ps, TT, It's StrempFer, not StrempHer. He takes that as an insult.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
teehee...thats funny tim. hey, did you get yer pipe back?? ive been wondering.

the only excuse i will ever have is $$$. i dont make alot of it, but i probably race as much as anyone here and more than a few of the people here. none of it is on credit. none. i will never pay for anything racing related with credit. there isnt one outstanding bill i have for anything motorcycle related. all of my bikes i own, every piece of gear, nut, bolt, everything related. my truck, camp gear, canopy, leathers, everything paid for with cash money. racing comes out of my paycheck, if i dont make enough $$ then i dont race. i dont get to sit around, in an office, surfing the web, and then still get paid the same as i did the week before for busting my ass. if im not working, i dont get paid. an theres no ot pay here. lonewolf knows exactly what im talking about. fucking up my back last week, and hurting my ribs set me back even more. but cash, its the only excuse i will ever have. and i race as often as i can with the $$ i make. sure, i could back off on the xr fun, but thats about the only thing i do outside of racing that costs me anything thats related to bikes. and now its just gas. that being said, my track schedule has gone form only nhis, (foolish) to summit, to vir, to mid ohio. and this year will be dodgey if i can add another track, but buckys pushing me to go to the gnf. which id love to do. short track racing kicks ass, and id give that up before id give up roadracing. in a heartbeat. but there are few of us here doing multiple disciplines regularly. i realize everyone has other shit to do, familys, work, whatever, but for me it will always be the job i picked, and what i make from it. i get offered jobs all of the time. to work 40hrs, and take home a paycheck at the end of the week, and i cant imagine having to ask for a friday off to go racing. not to mention a saturday! or get to blow off a monday afternoon to roost around the farm house corn field. id rather starve then be someones bitch.

jc

·
Registered
569 Posts
Don't make me stop this car, if I stop this car we're turn'n around and goin home....

d.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
EVIL-

usually i try to insult "champ", so all the better if i get one for free. you edit me harder than i did for published crap at martha's.

-tt

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
quote:uh, Tex, the races are 6 laps, not 7
that's one way to slow him down so you can catch him on the last (7th) lap. tried that on champ once but he was too smart.
-parks

·
Registered
345 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

teehee...thats funny tim. hey, did you get yer pipe back?? ive been wondering.

the only excuse i will ever have is $$$. i dont make alot of it, but i probably race as much as anyone here and more than a few of the people here. none of it is on credit. none. i will never pay for anything racing related with credit. there isnt one outstanding bill i have for anything motorcycle related. all of my bikes i own, every piece of gear, nut, bolt, everything related. my truck, camp gear, canopy, leathers, everything paid for with cash money. racing comes out of my paycheck, if i dont make enough $$ then i dont race. i dont get to sit around, in an office, surfing the web, and then still get paid the same as i did the week before for busting my ass. if im not working, i dont get paid. an theres no ot pay here. lonewolf knows exactly what im talking about. fucking up my back last week, and hurting my ribs set me back even more. but cash, its the only excuse i will ever have. and i race as often as i can with the $$ i make. sure, i could back off on the xr fun, but thats about the only thing i do outside of racing that costs me anything thats related to bikes. and now its just gas. that being said, my track schedule has gone form only nhis, (foolish) to summit, to vir, to mid ohio. and this year will be dodgey if i can add another track, but buckys pushing me to go to the gnf. which id love to do. short track racing kicks ass, and id give that up before id give up roadracing. in a heartbeat. but there are few of us here doing multiple disciplines regularly. i realize everyone has other shit to do, familys, work, whatever, but for me it will always be the job i picked, and what i make from it. i get offered jobs all of the time. to work 40hrs, and take home a paycheck at the end of the week, and i cant imagine having to ask for a friday off to go racing. not to mention a saturday! or get to blow off a monday afternoon to roost around the farm house corn field. id rather starve then be someones bitch.

jc
Joe, wow that was beautiful! you really touched me!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
screw it i don't have any cash it's all going on credit cause it's the amurican way. And I want to race metercycles and if i didn't put it on credit i couldn't do it. I will not, however, buy beer, food or liquor with credit. Only items that I'll be able to sell again if i have to. We are only caretakers.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by imslow

Only items that I'll be able to sell again if i have to. We are only caretakers.
I think that is what a lot of people were thinking when they bought houses with ARMs and at artifically inflated prices. Have fun at VIR. I will be working (I can't take off those days), and I am a fuckin' procrastinator, so the bike is not ready. I am looking forward to WV and Summit Point in April, but that is for another Thread, another time.

Alex, good to hear from you again, and watch out for those construction cranes in NYC.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts