Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit guys,
Im new to the site, and the Cafe Racer scene. Im 32 years old, and Ive been riding bike for 19years now.
I currently ride a GSXR1000, and found myself glued to the tv whenever the program "cafe racer" was on DSTV, which is our 'cable'.
Me and my brother then started looking into it, and this scene is very scares. Alot of interest, but not up there. So we decided to get a bike and build a Cafe Racer!
We got hold of a 1980 Suzuki GSX400, and started our project - called "Twenty 01".

I would love to get the Guru's comments on our project, as we have just finished her. Took her out for a ride, and holy crap, pure AWESOMENESS!!! Drew alot of attention.

This is the link to the album on Facebook. I seriously hope you guys can view it...

Facebook

DSCF0302.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I see you added a bracket to the swingarm/lower shock mount area, raising the back end. Does the drive chain foul the swingarm pivot?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can see why it attracted a lot of attention, you could probably hear it 21 blocks away...ah, so that's why it's named twenty 01.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not bad...Fenders/ fork brace?

·
Registered
585 Posts
How can that be any improvement on stock? To be honest, if I took a bike and whipped a few bits off, and then added a seat and clip ons and then posted pictures of it up on facebook and forums asking people for their opinions, I'd be inclined to keep my helmet on and take cover.

Reactions: bfont52

·
Registered
830 Posts
Dude, you gotta expect that. He asked for opinions and feedback.

You need new tires. The ones you have on there right now are dangerous. You need a fork brace or front mudguard, preferably both. You need to lower the rear end back closer to stock, as the swingarm angle is way off. Your chain will saw grooves in the pivot at that angle. Last, you have to invest in some rearsets. Your back will thank you.

Positives? You kept the stock air box - nice. You actually used proper clip-ons. The paint and the seat appear well done.

Overall, it's a solid effort. You have some work to do.

Die Antwoord? Love 'em!

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Rearsets please as the stock pegs are fokken kak! Otherwise....nice work so far!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Not bad...Fenders/ fork brace?
+1......adding a brace or hoop would make it much more solid steering bike, or you could cut the stock front fender down a bit and use this to kill two birds, one stone.
adding a bit of inner rear fender is not going to take away much of the look,it keeps road debre off the bike... IMHO, they'd look good painted red like the tank and side covers!!.
you also have nice rearset's mounting points.. get them , as you will like the bike much more rideing uncruched.

I would also put some sort of chain stabilizer on it as that seems to be a tad loose and could fling off and damage the bike or cause you injury ..

Is the hoop reinforced where it was cut out???
the bikes back end will flex sideways in twistys if this is not solid..

I like the swoosh of the tank ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts