Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
6,272 Posts
BoneFish,
Roebling road is a pretty good track. If you went to a SCCA race in Savannah then I am sure that is the track you must have gone to. Talladega GPR is actually a much better vintage track than either Roebling or Road A.
47? you are just a youngster. I am 50 and race a CB350. After I get out of AK (1 maybe 2 years) I am moving back to Georgia, hireing Tex as a teacher so I have a racing buddy and hitting all the clase tracks.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

· Banned
6,272 Posts
Bonefish,
I am not from there but I lived in Cherokee County, North of Atl, in the late 80's and early 90's. I will look to be in the Athens area. At least north of I-20 and east of ATL. My wifes brother lives in Athens and my brother lives in NC. Maybe after this school year or most likely after next. It depends on if I can find a good job sooner rather than later.

Ken

AHRMA 412

· Banned
6,272 Posts
JudyRamone,
Grattan is a great place to spectate and take a riders school. I have taught several of them there years ago and it is a good track to learn on. There are several vintage racers in the Detroit area that I could get you in contact with.
As far as a race/school bike, get a basic 350 together. It won't cost anything to get started and very little to finish. If you have a motor that runs and is in decewnt shape then put it in your best frame to get started. I would run a stock motor with the electrick starter to begin with. The extra weight won't matter until you get faster. You can get away with the stock wheels, brakes(don't listen to Branson until you get faster, then listen to everything he has to say about brakes), and front end. Get some decent rear shocks and Avon race tires or the Bridgestone BT45s work ok for a school. So far not much money but lots of time. We are full of advice here, or contact me via e-mail. I plan on running Grattan in June again this year and if Tex wasn't a scaredy cat(thats right Texy, I'm callin ya out), he would be there too. Otherwise, Gingerman isn't too far from you and you should consider taking in Mid-Ohio.

Ken

AHRMA 412

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.