Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Stupid Question, but this CB550 is my first bike with more than two Cylinders. The motor is seized and I want to dump BP Blaster in the Cyl and see if that will do the trick. I can get the outside plugs out fine, but my regular plug socket will not go into the space for the two inside plugs.

Is there a special plug wrench I need for these, or do I have to take the top plate off first (looks like a big PITA). Maybe I need a thin wall socket?

Before I go out and buy 3 different things to try that may not work, I thought I would ask here.

Jack

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the honda tool kit comes with the plug wrench that allows you to get to the middle cylinders.

I can tell you your socket is not a craftsman. A lot of the cheaper sockets (and some of the really expensive ones) are too thick to get at the center plugs. Sears craftsman plug sockets in the right size have always worked for me, but if you know of another thin wall socket then by all means give her a shot.

Honda still sells the tool kits for these bikes and the come up on ebay from time to time. I think you can get the tools individually too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
put the socket onto the plug then attach the 3/8" ratchet, thats how i have to do my 750 four.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

·
Registered
57 Posts
if the sockets to big you can grimd it down with a file or grinder .
then you will have a custom socket .....

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
if the sockets to big you can grimd it down with a file or grinder .
then you will have a custom socket .....

cafe racers!!!!!
bobbers!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts