Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
That ducati is a rolling hand grenade. Didn't all the para twin ducs have massive head problems?

That rickman is freaking cool - I love barn find bikes.

If you have money the time to invest in motorcycles is close at hand. If you do it right you can end up in about 3 years doubling your investment if you buy the right bikes and find the right deals. Plus you get to have fun the entire time.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Geeto,
I think the problem with those Ducatis was a plug in the cam would work loose and they woud lose oil pressure to the top end. If that was taken care of in the rebuild I think they were fine. It was an aluminum plug pressed into a steel cam, and it would just work itself loose.

Ken

·
Registered
198 Posts
My knowledge of the 500's are pretty limited, but I've heard the 500 GP Ducati was a beast...as was the Sport Desmo, but the 500 GTL, GTV were known to have some problems that were fortunately fairly easily avoided. I know Pantah was much more easily maintained.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
i had a 500GT for a summer, it was heavy, slow, but all around cool to ride. i rode it to school alot, and it was cool to have a non-japanese sport bike or a non-harleyesqe cruiser.

chicks kinda dug it......dunstall pipes rule!

tex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts