Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
that cmarsh with the onbike camera. buff comes around chris on the "second?" lap at t2. buff wears a white helmet with black leathers.

texy

p.s.- i think that is footage from one of the weekends that the ball'more producer (alan?) was following the giannini team around doing a documentary on vintage roadracing.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
hmm....chris' bike was running pretty good that day. smooth. my bike never sounds that smooth. i figured it was buff cuz he uploaded it, but i was watchng that guy thinking, is that a modern bike, and look how long that dudes legs are. looks like practice. buff just checks out.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i noticed t5 is called "gardener bend" in rrw. appropriate that tt managed to hang out there this spring! i think anyone whos been there can see that the bike slid for a really really long time. pretty impressive. that guy was pulling a major bonehead move. thats such a tough corner to pull that kind of pass off in. to go in that late for that pass. and man, thats a fast corner too.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
wow...

when I was... 8 or 9 I saw almost the same exact wreck, in the exact same spot during a SCCA race. Was the 80s, and I thing the car was a Triumph TR6. Car went SAILING off the tire wall into the woods. Was sitting in the grandstand in the keyhole.

·
Registered
655 Posts
quote:

So, what happened? Looks kinda sudden. Steering wobble while getting on the brakes?

Honda go sideways!
Just plain too much brakes all at once, as far as I can tell. Big puff of tire smoke, etc. It looks like he thought he was going to hit the bike ahead, but I guess we'll never know.

Z

Edited by - paced_haste on Nov 22 2006 12:37:40 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
apparently a guy was able to jump his bike up into the trees at t12, the last fast right at summit. he crashed off, the bike continued, and hit the burm and was launched into the trees above. now that would have been worth seeing.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
there are only ten turns on the main track joe.

t10 is the fast right onto the front straight.

texy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts