Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, looking for a better fall/spring/light rain jacket.... gave up a good month of riding last year for not having the right gear.

A couple local suppliers have 2 pretty nice jackets available, in the sub 300$ price range.

Rev'it spectrum and the alpinestar andes - anyone have any experience with either?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My rain jacket (just a rain jacket, no armor or anything, it goes over my leathers) is a Tour Master. It is GREAT. It does not leak, nor does it have a lot of condensation buildup inside. It was much less than $300, like maybe $80? I have had it for at least 8 years now.

I have Alpinestar pants, and while they are waterproof I am not crazy about them, I would rather have something with zippers up the side of the legs for easy on and off, and a zipper fly--it is a pain to pull them down to take a leak.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it's not exclusively for the waterproof aspect, it's for the gold weather as well. As it stands now I only have a light mesh jacket with armour, just isn't comfortable with layers if sweaters underneath, feels like the Michelin man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 2 jackets. I have my All weather rain/cold jacket, and my summer jacket.
I have an Alpinestars for almost 1 year, I actually purchased it slightly used... holding up great. Warm, leather is great looking...
For hotter summer days, I have a mesh jacket that i picked up while on a budget.. Definitely has been holding up better than expected.
http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-jackets.htm

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am a big fan of Rev'it gear due to Tex working for them and all, but also for them actually making good products. My wife uses her rev it jacket as a regular coat sometimes if that helps any. I have no experience with A-stars other than having a race suit that was too small for me to wear hang in my closet for a few months. It was a nice race suit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts