Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canada is doing it's best to get out from under the snow. Of course allot of it is now under water and basically the weather still sucks. After weeks of being laid up with a sciatic nerve pinch I waited till the wife wasn't looking and squeezed the bike out the door. Just in time for freezing rain and 2cm of snow coming today. It's in one piece and ready for health and weather. The front fender was cracked so I glassed it and repainted with rattle cans. Raised the bars, lowered the pegs, added a usb charger and rewired the rats nest of a wiring job I inherited to a new fuze block. Other than adjusting the valves and a new air filter that's about it. Just need to drop the oils. I know it's a luggage hauler and it does look a bit like a float in a Canada Day parade but that's okay. Here's the outcome of a long winter. IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2174.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Looks like fun. Idaho is done with the snow for a month or two now. But we have this odd spring weather going, 70 in the day and freezing at night. Makes for a frosty ride to work in the AM

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
75 and humid here in KY. Gonna have to start going to the gym at dawn instead of lunch ...

Wearing coveralls over my uniform when I ride doesn't help either, especially when I'm waiting in line at the shoppette to pick up lunch. im cooking.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The amount of sand on the roads you'll need a dual sport. I can't even get the lawn tractor out of the chipboard palace the ground is so soft. I'm glad we're on high ground.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea they've buried all the asphalt under it for sure. About 1/3 of the yard is walkable now but my tractor would axle down pretty quick. I'm in no hurry to start doing laps on the Deere anyway. Do need to get some miles on though. Soon enough we'll be bitching about how friggin hot it is.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I got out and met up with some local friends for a nice blast through the hills today
652FF0DE-12BC-47A4-B11F-F234C47E125E.jpeg

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
..........................and just to piss everyone off, it was mid 80's today in central Florida

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was registered for a trackday on Monday, an Aprilia demo day. There was snow around the track on Saturday. The Temps on Monday morning were in the 30s, rising into the low 40s by afternoon. Oh, did I mention it was also raining?

Guess who went to work on Monday instead of the track????

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I ignored the greenery and T shirts in 8balls and liked it but I refuse to acknowledge it's 80 anywhere.
I don't blame you, I'm still sitting in the house waiting until next year when temperatures become reasonable again, I much prefer 50f~70F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts