Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
sounds like maybe the "throwout bearing" for want of a better term is starting to go bad. with a little more pressure it stops making the noise. i had to do one on my 750k recently

·
Registered
453 Posts
easy, pull the clutch cover off.......4 10mm bolts to remove the actuator, press the old bearing out, press in the new one.30 minute job for me out in my driveway.
i knew there was something else i should ask.........is it a definite squeaking? or could it be a ringing sort of rattle? most honda 4's i've seen make a little clutch noise till the handle is pulled in.

Edited by - fuzzybutt on Jun 25 2007 6:06:41 PM

·
Registered
453 Posts
easy, pull the clutch cover off.......4 10mm bolts to remove the actuator, press the old bearing out, press in the new one.30 minute job for me out in my driveway.
i knew there was something else i should ask.........is it a definite squeaking? or could it be a ringing sort of rattle? most honda 4's i've seen make a little clutch noise till the handle is pulled in.

Edited by - fuzzybutt on Jun 25 2007 6:06:41 PM

·
Registered
453 Posts
i got mine from the dealer, a bit more money BUT our local honda dealer stocks alot of vintage honda parts so there was no waiting. you might also check david silver spares.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i got mine from the dealer, a bit more money BUT our local honda dealer stocks alot of vintage honda parts so there was no waiting. you might also check david silver spares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts