Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Man you guys are pathetic.
Thanks for the pity, life is tough and we appreciate someone recognizing us, especially a pro welder. You could have just gone ahead and chosen a tank, modified it and created the perfect vision but you chose to include us. How gracious of you. Perhaps you'll be so kind as to update us, from time to time, so that we might bask in the glory of your machine.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks for the pity, life is tough and we appreciate someone recognizing us, especially a pro welder. You could have just gone ahead and chosen a tank, modified it and created the perfect vision but you chose to include us. How gracious of you. Perhaps you'll be so kind as to update us, from time to time, so that we might bask in the glory of your machine.
I cant even muster enough self worth to have a witty response to such deep cutting words.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

The build is a bit of fun - it would’ve been a lot easier just switching out the tank - which is why I asked.

Again, I never stated I was a pro welder or bleated on about how great I was. I asked for help, you turned it in to a dick measuring competition on the basis of your own assumptions.

I never said it would end up perfect or show quality. I asked about a fucking tank and your arrogant asses fucked about trying to be the all mighty alpha’s without asking a single question about my background or experience.

I’d respect anyone who was actually trying to help, but you cunts do this across this website, shitting on anyone who you perceive to be new or just ideas you don’t approve of. It is pathetic.

Cheers for 25 posts of ego and bulshit. No wonder the rest of the world can’t fucking stand Americans. Loud obnoxious fuckwits.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
"I'm a mig/tig welder by trade." Maybe that means something different in New Zealand but here that would indicate that it is what you do for a living, your profession.

Your post started out like hundreds before from the boneline builders. "I want to make a cake from fertilizer", "you should use flour for your cake", "I didn't ask your opinion, I asked you how to do it", "well I wouldn't do it 'cause it won't work", fuck you, I didn't want your opinion, you're dicks".

I AM CANADIAN. You started the lets be dicks movement, we just went with it.

I'd still sell that fertilizer and find some flour.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Hey,

Currently doing my first build, purchased a 1981 Yamaha SR185 - maybe not the best geometry - but managed to grab it from an old barn for $80 (NZD)

I'm looking for options around a replacement tank so that there is less of an cruiser style angle to the look of the bike. Does anyone know of a replacement that would fit the frame? Worse comes to worse I'll remove the brackets under the tank and try to realign but the overall shape of the tank isn't ideal.

Any help would be really appreciated.
And you would have been happy if we responded with Honda tank?
Seeing as we all know Honda never built a fucking cruiser shaped fuel tank in their life, right bitch

Your original question was about as sensible as asking how wide your racing stripe should be and you didn't like the correct answer, so chill
and say 'Hey Y'all' to the Americans that you just insulted for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
773 Posts
i don't get the "Does anyone know of a replacement that would fit the frame?" question because the reality is who the fuck knows. especially when it's something obscure like an sr185.

ultimately, the answer is there will be something if you can find it. hundreds if not thousands of tanks have been made along a similar theme (single back bone frame) for most bikes made 1960 to 1980, and lots of them "could" be made to fit if you have the skills. you didn't say that you did have the skills, but clearly you do.

the answer is never going to be found on the internet. it's go to an old style wrecker and do a tank scrounge. i'm guessing that's what you did. turned up with something honda. cool. some who turn up here aren't so well equipped to help themselves.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts