Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went out today to buy some "parts" today - parts to a complete 78 CB750 F Super Sport. Title, powdercoated frame, p/c wheels, fork lowers, new tires, motor that turns over, and a clean tank. New Dunlop D404 out back and some new Chen Shin up front.

He was going to turn it into a chopper and had 8" over forks as an extra, but he still had the originals with nice chrome. Even the front fender has nice chrome. He pretty much had all the parts, just in boxes. My only beef with the whole thing was that he cut a perfectly good exhaust to make shorty chopper pipes. I just couldn't turn down the price, it was a really good deal.

I wonder if my CB450 will get jealous?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congratulations.
I am going to be building a CB750 this and next month. Sounds like you found a nice one. So we all are wanting to know how much was it?!

Peace and grease
-fang

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave him 200 bucks today, and another 100 when I go pick up the rest of the stuff. I took home the wheels, the forks, and a couple boxes of parts.

I bet the powdercoat job cost more than that. I'm going to sell the extended fork tubes, I have no use for them, so I bet I make back some cash. They're in nice shape.

He had the swingarm and the fork clamps powdercoated silver, and it looks almost like aluminum.

I think I'm just going to put this one together and ride it like that, at least after I find an exhaust for it.

Anybody looking for 8" over 35mm Honda fork tubes? I imagine they'll fit most SOHC 750's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts