Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I just saw this ad and was wondering if "He makes custom lines like I need yet" and than saw you reference to me.:)
I need a setup pictured below but as one piece. I will put my own removable fitting on the open end because it has to thread through the center hole of the top triple tree nut before ending at the m/c. Can you do them in color or just the black pictured? I would like them blue if possible.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I just saw this ad and was wondering if "He makes custom lines like I need yet" and than saw you reference to me.:)
I need a setup pictured below but as one piece. I will put my own removable fitting on the open end because it has to thread through the center hole of the top triple tree nut before ending at the m/c. Can you do them in color or just the black pictured? I would like them blue if possible.

How complicated is that set-up? Why dont you just run 2 single lines straight from the MC to each caliper? Or a single line to one caliper, then a loop over the guard to the other caliper?. Would probably be cheaper without all those connector fittings, too.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Yeah, that is a bit complicated and looks pretty gross too. Why don't you call me at 804-505-0006. I'm not sure what bike this is even for but if its for a sportster and you are using the factory trees, I have something that bolts on for a splitter. If something else, we can run two hoses or one jumper like Hillsy mentioned. I can also get some unions like this:
banjo union.jpg

Or you could use any number of oe splitters like this CB750F splitter that holds two 10mm banjos on one side and one on the other. Lots of better options i think. I can do blue hoses as well.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The rule of thumb with brake lines (and hydraulics in general) is to keep it as simple as possible with the least amount of joins that you can. Connectors / splitters / joins can trap air bubbles and bleeding the system can then become a nightmare. Not to mention the increased chance of leaks with a bunch of joins like that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is Pampadori still around? I emailed him about custom lines through his site last week and haven't heard anything from him. You out there Pamp? I need some lines!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is Pampadori still around? I emailed him about custom lines through his site last week and haven't heard anything from him. You out there Pamp? I need some lines!
I'm not sure what the subject of your email was, but I'm pretty well caught up on emails. What did you need?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You still making lines?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts