Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try this post again...Whats the best bike for a first timer? I have found the most parts for Hondas...CB 350? CB750? I just want a cheap simple project for my first so when i F it up i wont be too crushed. Suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Unga's got it. . .if you want something fairly "modern" with mag wheels and liquid cooling. If you want something more vintage-looking with spokes, I'd vote for an XS650. If you luck into an SR500, grab it. Biggest advice is not to grab something just because it's available or the price is low. Hold out for something you like, because you're going to invest in a lot of specific tools, manuals, and knowledge for whatever bike you pick. Four-cylinder barn bikes may not be any more expensive to buy than twins (or singles), but they're wicked expensive once you get into them. . . lots o' pricey little parts will probably be needed, like carb rebuild kits, and if you need a matched set of pistons or rings, whew!

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
If you're new to riding, buy a bike that doesn't need any work done to it so you can concentrate on learning to ride and not kill yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i already have an SV650s, so i know how to ride alright. I'm thinking of a first bike to turn into a cafe. i have a line on an oldCB350 that my uncle has, i like the CB750s that i have seen...but i know there are a ton of bikes i can choose from...just dont know whats the easiest to work on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts