Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRX250 seems to have self-destructed it's starter motor brushes. Since the bike was made only a few years, it seems they're not made and out of stock at good old Bike Bandit. Can they be made from scratch or from one of the Honda starters I have floating around? I'd just block it off, but there's no kick starter.

There's a whole bike in Ohio for .99 on e-bay. Think if I buy it the guy will ship me just the brushes? :D

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Most of the starter motors are either made by ND or Hitachi. I know that the starters for Honda either had 2 brush set ups or 4 brush set ups. I have taken oversize brushes and just ground them down until they fit and soldered them into place on the backing plate. I did that for the alternator of a Marusho (anybody else ever work on one of those?)using brushes from an auto parts store.

Ken

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Most of the starter motors are either made by ND or Hitachi. I know that the starters for Honda either had 2 brush set ups or 4 brush set ups. I have taken oversize brushes and just ground them down until they fit and soldered them into place on the backing plate. I did that for the alternator of a Marusho (anybody else ever work on one of those?)using brushes from an auto parts store.

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts