Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plowed a nice oval and rr course today on Crocked Lake. This is Matt G. on his "XR100". I have to put a better ice tire on the back...can't get on the gas until the bike is straight up.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

Went out for the MVTR Icebox ride yesterday. Good times, even though they only had the oval this year.

Where was this?!
I had to work anyway, but still curious.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
It was on a little lake, exit 7 off of rt89.

Need to work on the jetting of the KTM, but had a good time. Got to try out one of the new Husabergs with the fancy horizontal engines and left turn ice tires. Good fun.

FR, they're going to be riding up on Champlain soon. They're looking for a atv + plow, though. No one wants to drive their truck out on the ice yet.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
An ATV/plow ain't gonna cut it now. In fact we might be screwed for awhile, this storm dumped 2-3 feet of snow on top of relatively thin ice. We'll have to see how the next couple weeks go.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, AMA rules. I couldn't find a rule book last year, so I called AMA and actually got a call back from one of their race dudes. He was pretty cool about helping me find the rules. It's under track racing in some sub-section, and it's only 1 page.
Anyway, as I'd mentioned before, AMA screws, can't shave the tire, fenders front and rear that extend below the axles, and a tether kill switch.
They do have a TT class that uses the oval but has a kink onto the back straight, so there's a right turn involved.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, AMA rules. I couldn't find a rule book last year, so I called AMA and actually got a call back from one of their race dudes. He was pretty cool about helping me find the rules. It's under track racing in some sub-section, and it's only 1 page.
Anyway, as I'd mentioned before, AMA screws, can't shave the tire, fenders front and rear that extend below the axles, and a tether kill switch.
They do have a TT class that uses the oval but has a kink onto the back straight, so there's a right turn involved.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Drove out today to the pond I ran last year a few times, Enfield NH. Nice big oval plowed. And those guys are pretty good about keeping it clear. Time to put the ice tires on. Also, going up to maine this weekend and probably bringing my XR if anyone wants to run.

JD

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Drove out today to the pond I ran last year a few times, Enfield NH. Nice big oval plowed. And those guys are pretty good about keeping it clear. Time to put the ice tires on. Also, going up to maine this weekend and probably bringing my XR if anyone wants to run.

JD

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Mounted my ice tires last weekend and put them on the bike last night.Where are you guys going to ride? When? JD did you get my email about the CB450?

Steve

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Mounted my ice tires last weekend and put them on the bike last night.Where are you guys going to ride? When? JD did you get my email about the CB450?

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
If we go it would be in Windham, same place as last year. And yes on the email, just responded.

JD

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
If we go it would be in Windham, same place as last year. And yes on the email, just responded.

JD

1 - 20 of 22 Posts