Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have been selling bikes and parts I have room again. Believe it or not I can now get to almost everything without having to move anything.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic, compared to that my garage looks almost clean! =)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks for posting that pic, compared to that my garage looks almost clean! =)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm jealous. A.) Because of all those parts and bikes B.) Because you can get to things without having to move everything.

I'm getting there...... slowly. I sold my 911. I'm getting ready to list my Scion XB. I still have a few prts that have to go from the 911 but I have to clean them up. Then, once it warms up a bit the KZ goes on the block.
The goal is to have one car and one bike AND be able to access all tools and vehicles without having to bang my head on something, scrape my hands trying to reach between crap, etc....
I'm hoping to do a total redo of my garage this summer (walls, floor, lighting).

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm jealous. A.) Because of all those parts and bikes B.) Because you can get to things without having to move everything.

I'm getting there...... slowly. I sold my 911. I'm getting ready to list my Scion XB. I still have a few prts that have to go from the 911 but I have to clean them up. Then, once it warms up a bit the KZ goes on the block.
The goal is to have one car and one bike AND be able to access all tools and vehicles without having to bang my head on something, scrape my hands trying to reach between crap, etc....
I'm hoping to do a total redo of my garage this summer (walls, floor, lighting).

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody can have just ONE bike.....

Right now there are 5 bikes in the garage plus a GTO cut in half. 2 months ago there were 8 bikes in that garage including jaguar's CBX. To do anything at all required opening the main barn doors and pushing 3 bikes outside at least. To get to a part usually meant standing on the pegs of whatever bike was blocking. Keep in mind that was literally anything - if I wanted one flathead eyeglass screwdriver 3 bikes had to come out. It was miserable.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nobody can have just ONE bike.....

Right now there are 5 bikes in the garage plus a GTO cut in half. 2 months ago there were 8 bikes in that garage including jaguar's CBX. To do anything at all required opening the main barn doors and pushing 3 bikes outside at least. To get to a part usually meant standing on the pegs of whatever bike was blocking. Keep in mind that was literally anything - if I wanted one flathead eyeglass screwdriver 3 bikes had to come out. It was miserable.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Am sure the coons are happy too:D, or did you patch up that hole…..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Am sure the coons are happy too:D, or did you patch up that hole…..

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
"Nobody can have just ONE bike....."

In the back corners of my mind I'm entertaining a DP bike as a 2nd to the FZ. First I have to come through on the promise to my wife to "get down to one car and one bike and get rid of all the kart, bike and car parts littering the place" We need 2 cars that BOTH of us can drive. Since she likes the new ride (even though I still hate her car with a passion), and she can learn to drive stick on it (way more "woman friendly" than the 911), I should be able to sneak another bike in once I finish my chores.
I have plans for the garage that will actually increase space. Just enough space for another bike ;)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
"Nobody can have just ONE bike....."

In the back corners of my mind I'm entertaining a DP bike as a 2nd to the FZ. First I have to come through on the promise to my wife to "get down to one car and one bike and get rid of all the kart, bike and car parts littering the place" We need 2 cars that BOTH of us can drive. Since she likes the new ride (even though I still hate her car with a passion), and she can learn to drive stick on it (way more "woman friendly" than the 911), I should be able to sneak another bike in once I finish my chores.
I have plans for the garage that will actually increase space. Just enough space for another bike ;)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since I accidentally posted this in the projects section I'll give a glimpse of what I am working on:

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I accidentally posted this in the projects section I'll give a glimpse of what I am working on:

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah swans.....modified swans from a very nice board member who shall remain nameless but you know who you are......

still figuring out the clearance issue. they hit the dunstall tank right before they hit the steering stop, the remaining travel to the stop is about the thickness of a washer. on stock tanks they hit only at certain angles but I think switching to button heads will fix it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah swans.....modified swans from a very nice board member who shall remain nameless but you know who you are......

still figuring out the clearance issue. they hit the dunstall tank right before they hit the steering stop, the remaining travel to the stop is about the thickness of a washer. on stock tanks they hit only at certain angles but I think switching to button heads will fix it.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts

Not really great with the CR tank but they are a great bar of a clean street bike build

·
Registered
10,489 Posts

Not really great with the CR tank but they are a great bar of a clean street bike build

1 - 20 of 25 Posts