Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Other posts are not sticky so they fall down with age. Stickys are sticky so they stay at the top. Typically a sticky is a post that is important to the group. On this site i would expect to see stickies on the following subjects: "Use the search feature before asking noob questions", "Clubmans/ClipOns", "Carb Tuning", "Pics of your Bike", "Names to faces", "Benefits of being overweight", etc.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
-parks
ps...looks like "most recent posts" are on the way down fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Who decides which posts are sticky and how long do they remain sticky? We've had that post about the race brake shoes at the top for a long time and I can't understand why that should be so prominent.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
quote:Originally posted by champ
Then all my posts should be sticky!!
no no no, it's all threads started by ROSKO become sticky's for being so useful!

really,they should answer the questions that come up again and again, like FCB tech questions. The vintage racing section is awesome having the 'in action' photos there. Here's a couple more ideas I would like to see: a 'finished projects' sticky in the projects section, a 'classifieds rules' one in the for sale section, 'how to start vintage racing' in vintage racing, and I think all posts in 'member products should be sticky and open only to members with a certain post count to keep out spammers and folks who do not contribute.

or not. whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts