Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order some Mikuni's for my bike. It will most likely never be heavily modded, probably just exhaust and filters.

Anyone else running a cb350 stock with Mikuni's? If so what size? THR recomends 30mm for stock but will have to order them. If the 32mm will work fine i'd rather order them as he has them in stock.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i'd stay with the stock CV carbs with a stock street motor. but if you have all that extra money to spend you could sponsor my Cb350 racer and see better lap times instead.

-tt

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock carbs seem to me to be a pita.

By the time I buy two diaprhagms, two rebuild kits, two stock air filters, and one air filter "holder" and my time ivested it's more than 2/3 paid for with a Mikuni that is easier to get parts for and is probably better performance.

at least that's the way i'm lookking at it

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If you searched around a little on the web you'd be able to find two new Mikuni 30mm carbs for less than the cost of a pair of new diaphrams. Go with the Mikunis if you don't have to worry about racing rules. There's a guy that advertizes with AHRMA that's getting $85 each for a mikuni in the size you want.

Craig

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I would look into a set of stock carbs for an SL350. No diaphrams and such.

Ken

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't mean to hijack but I'm kinda in the same situation. Im just in the same boat basically. I was actually looking at flat slides and maybe a regrind. I don't have carbs in the first place so finding a used set of carbs, then rebuilding themeverything else. I figure I'd be better off getting something decent. I need a throttle control and cable also as it doesn't have that. So no sence of buying two of everything when it comes time to upgrade which I plan on doing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went ahead and ordered the vm 30mm from Todd Hennings Racing. He told me they would be set up for the bike specifically. He said if there were any problems to contact him and he'd work it out for me. His prices are a little higher than some mentioned above, but I know jack about carbs. and to me it's worth it for the support and his background. He also has the special cables needed.

note: I do hope they are truly set up different/better than the one's ordered elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts