Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!
So I live in Beijing (China) and vintage bikes are not really an option here. To save you from a long, uninteresting story, I now ride a Shadow Mini (my words, it's a Honda 150) and in the interest of style I want to bob it. Again vintage parts here are difficult to come by so . . .well I have my ideas but I'm interested to hear suggestions you may make.

Also I will be in London at the end of the month, any motorcycle shop suggestions?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Do you have a pic of your bike? We don't get that in the states. Not sure about the Ausies, TeaBaggers (brits), Krauts or Frenchies, though.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Sorry, old habit.

Actually, not sorry. I've called you teabags for years. Not about to stop now.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Your best option might be an Asian ebay search for various parts - I know there are a number of parts available from Vietnam but whether they will work for your bike is up in the air. For the most part, walking into a bike shop in England will be a hit or miss deal for you. Your best bet is to get on the Japan ebay to look for parts - now getting them back to China might be an issue for you - I don't know how that would work. Most folks here usually will purchase parts from a local custom shop or make their own parts - again that doesn't sound like an open option for you. I would direct you back to purchasing parts from an ebay or shop in Japan. You will have the best luck finding custom parts for your motorcycle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do you have any fabricating skills or a shop to do the work in? Or are you hoping to be able to buy parts off the shelf and just bolt it together to get to the end result?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
dude...hes got a japanese bike. chances are there were chinese versions of it on the street days after it was released in japan.

for what the parts cost....he could buy a bridgeport clone, a southbend clone, and a hypertherm clone, and make anything he wants. figure what those things cost minus shipping half way around the planet. thats gotta be some cheap machinery to get at home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts