Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - after a million hours of work, my 69 Stocker is ready for the road. None stock items include the headlight tabs, carbs and airbox. I went with the chrome tabs because I liked them better than painted, the carbs and airbox to keep tuning maintenance down. The engine is slightly hopped up with an 836 kit and a stock cam. I wanted a little more power for the road.

Here's some pictures - enjoy....

IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc79/Landing007/Back.jpg[/IMG]

I'll be flipping this bike - if anyone is interested shoot me an email. I goes on ebay today...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the complement - you guys cannot believe the number of hours that are into this project. I've got it listed locally and I've already had calls on this bike.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the rebuilding of the engine - local machine shop was used to bore parts and such. I've done a few cb engines and pretty much know what and what not to do.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
bob,

what is your asking price?

why are you selling it if you only just built it?

tex

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tex - I'm looking to get min 6K out of the bike, I've got other cb projects that need the money for their parts. This one I had planned to sell from day one of the build - now that it's done I'm having second thoughts but plan to stick to the original plan. This is the first bikes I built for resell - probably the last one I will do like this - way too much detail work.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
good luck. i asked about the price cause i wanted the price to be up for all to see.
clarification on the build is only cause i'm a nosey fucker.

nice bike, someone should buy this!

tex

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I posted this bike under bikes for sale in this form with the pricing. Today I should get the new bearings for the rear wheel I ordered and then I'll get the new tire mounted and balanced to the rear. I should have stuck with 4.00X18 size tire but I choose the 120/90 Continental tire instead. That size seems to work well on my other cb. That tire size lowered my rpm for highway speed due to the taller tire. With the bigger engine that should also work fine.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a chance to put a few miles on the bike this weekend - other than a few loose bolts and the wrong speedo drive on the front wheel it performed pretty well. (I quickly fixed that speedo) The very very smooth with lots of torque with the larger pistons. With the weather still nice I'm hoping to put a few more break in miles on it before it's sold. I have to say it's weird riding a bike with stock handle bars as my other honda has drag bars on it. I'm going to miss it but I also looking at the next build that will be even better.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well folks - bike has sold to a lucky guy out in Bent Oregon. The shipping truck will be here next week to pick it up. I talked to the guy and he's a collector and a pretty decent guy - I am nick naming this project "LUE" in honor of my former brother in law who just passed away tonight. So I'm both sad and sadder... God speed Lue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts