Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this up here for my homeboy Gregor. Some of you might know him from doing the photography for the last 4 REV'IT! catalogs, from Team Incomplete, or from ADVrider. Anyway he is an avid motorcyclist and very good friend. Keep an eye out for his KATOOM!

Jordan Levitt wrote: "Saturday morning at 9:32am a late model white Ford van rammed through our loadging dock gate in Jersey City smashing it off the hinges and loaded Gregor's KTM 525 race bike and then sped off with the loading dock gate hanging on the front bumper. The van proceeded to sideswipe a car with the gate and when the driver tried to chase him the van went around the block and headed south on Jersey Avenue and ran a red light and the sideswiped car wasn't able to continue his chase.The van had Maryland plates. There was a single dark skinned man at the wheel but the car driver wasn't able to see if there was anyone in the back. Since they hardly seemed bothered to smash the back of the van(they destroyed a taillight and lost a mirror) we might surmise the van was stolen as well. There were four other motorcycles in the loading dock but only the KTM was stolen. It has no key or fork lock. It had a full supermoto set up on it at the time. If you can forward this around or post it up on any boards where you thinkit might be seen that would be great. About the only chance of finding the bike is if it shows up on Craigs List or Ebay. If you see it on the street feel free to run the guy over. Here's a photo with it on dirt wheels - it has the supermoto set up on now.It's a pretty obvious bike so there's little chance of not mistaking it. Contact Gregor at [email protected] if you see the fucker."

http://jordanpryce.smugmug.com/photos/678667818_vSQwH-M.jpg
http://jordanpryce.smugmug.com/photos/678668711_ijiGf-M.jpg

Cheers,

Tex

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"From Gregor:

ubject: Stolen KTM - recovered.

The bike was recovered by the NJ state patrol on Wednesday after it
was crashed at a high rate of speed traveling west on I-78. The thief
was sadly not injured enough to prevent fleeing the scene on foot.

I picked up the bike from the tow lot today which cost me $372.95. The
bike is cosmetically fair aside from the road rash. They took the HID
rally light, added the missing turn signal (?!?), put on a cheap
ghetto blue headlight and then wheelied the bike to death as evidenced
by the rear fender. The motor is destroyed - locked up solid.

Somehow I should be happy to get something back instead of nothing but
I'm mostly just bitter at the whole thing. I think I may add a
tracking device to my bikes now (Jordan?) and then retrieve them
myself with a baseball bat.

Gregor"

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"From Gregor:

ubject: Stolen KTM - recovered.

The bike was recovered by the NJ state patrol on Wednesday after it
was crashed at a high rate of speed traveling west on I-78. The thief
was sadly not injured enough to prevent fleeing the scene on foot.

I picked up the bike from the tow lot today which cost me $372.95. The
bike is cosmetically fair aside from the road rash. They took the HID
rally light, added the missing turn signal (?!?), put on a cheap
ghetto blue headlight and then wheelied the bike to death as evidenced
by the rear fender. The motor is destroyed - locked up solid.

Somehow I should be happy to get something back instead of nothing but
I'm mostly just bitter at the whole thing. I think I may add a
tracking device to my bikes now (Jordan?) and then retrieve them
myself with a baseball bat.

Gregor"

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
speaking of these tracking devices. Do they come with a receiver so that you could track them yourself? How do these work and has anyone used them?

Craig

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
speaking of these tracking devices. Do they come with a receiver so that you could track them yourself? How do these work and has anyone used them?

Craig

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
on the topic of tracking devices, anyone got any recommendations? i need one for my cb100 (as its light enough that you can just pick it up and carry it away)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
on the topic of tracking devices, anyone got any recommendations? i need one for my cb100 (as its light enough that you can just pick it up and carry it away)

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
lojak is supposed to be the shit. they activate it, and if a cruiser is in the area with it, it automatically senses it, and actually directs the cops to it. no idea about it being installed on a vintage bike or something with limited wiring or places to hide it. id imagine there is a way to get a tracker device for it, though id imagine its tought to break the signal processing 2nd party. so maybe ot. seems they may want to keep that type of thing form the regular people. since it could be used to detect the signal. though a lot of times perps will park a bike and watch it for a while to see if it gets picked up by the cops. then go back t0 get it.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
lojak is supposed to be the shit. they activate it, and if a cruiser is in the area with it, it automatically senses it, and actually directs the cops to it. no idea about it being installed on a vintage bike or something with limited wiring or places to hide it. id imagine there is a way to get a tracker device for it, though id imagine its tought to break the signal processing 2nd party. so maybe ot. seems they may want to keep that type of thing form the regular people. since it could be used to detect the signal. though a lot of times perps will park a bike and watch it for a while to see if it gets picked up by the cops. then go back t0 get it.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
yea, i just want an alternative to chaining my bike up to a tree or bicycle rack.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
yea, i just want an alternative to chaining my bike up to a tree or bicycle rack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts