Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend, Evan, had his bike stolen yesterday from SE Division and 27th in Portland, OR. Broad daylight, busy street.

ý1979 GS750, plate # M534702, engine and frame number gs75044418.

Keep an eye out, please.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Someone must have a titled frame or a titled piece of shit. Just curious, did he park in the same place everyday? Goodluck!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not every day. I think this was the 3rd day he had parked it there.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, he did. I doubt it's a joyrider. People might stop someone from hotwiring a bike (busy street, middle of the day) but I reckon they picked it up in a truck.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
A lot of store owners have cameras outside of their establishments these days. It’s possible they might want to share any footage they have with your buddy.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea, J.

Catboy, I will start using one, too. My daily is so ugly and worthless that I hope no one would want to steal it in it's present form (knock on wood).

Won't stop it from being lifted into a truck, though.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I have a krypto cable lock and connect my bikes to immovable objects, whenever possible, I think most bikes lifted are just tossed into a truck. When I was a kid we never locked our bikes and even left them in parking lots all day and mine was keyless start, never disappeared other than friends messing with me.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Nice looking bike - there is a good chance the bike will be parted out. If the thieves used a truck, then this is not their first bike they have stolen. I'd keep an eye out for craigslist for towns located around you. You use to be able to search CL with an RSS feed but CL stopped that practice. I don't think they are stupid enough to post the parts on ebay - but you never know...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, nic, been using that all morning.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I hope you find it. Totally sucks to have a bike stolen (I've had a few go missing over the years and mine were often POS [V])
I HATE BIKE THIEVES.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
After you hamstring a thief with a broken coke bottle they're much easier to recognize (and catch) later....
Hope the bike turns up....

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a buddy who had there tank stolen. That's it they just unbolted it and plug the line and took it... It was airbrushed and very nice

1 - 19 of 19 Posts