Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
That totally sucks, motorcycle thieves deserve to slowly rot in hell while impaled on a sharp stick.
:confused: are you looking for your bike or a replacement ? If you are looking for your bike then a photo might help a whole bunch or at the very least a description of anything unique that might help identify your bike.

Wait, they stole a 1979 GS550? why would they even do that :confused: you didn't put USD forks on it did you?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If you haven't done so already, it might be worth your while signing up to a few Facebook groups.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
He left it in Wandsworth, London. Anything that is not nailed down will be taken away.
I read about that, seems that they don't even try to start the bike any more they just ride along side on a scooter and push it with one foot. Brutal that people pay so little attention to that. Bikes are definitely destined to being parted out and stripped of anything valuable.

Smells like organized crime activity to me :mad: no way would you recognize the bike by now.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I read about that, seems that they don't even try to start the bike any more they just ride along side on a scooter and push it with one foot. Brutal that people pay so little attention to that. Bikes are definitely destined to being parted out and stripped of anything valuable.
lolwut? Real thieves just show up with a windowless van and huck the thing in the back. Only joyriders and amateurs steal the bike on foot. They even steal cars this way now with "phantom" tow trucks that have hidden tow dollies (eagles claws or under bed hydraulic dollies) or that hide their registration numbers/plates (black vinyl lettering on a black vehicle, plate obscured by tow bar).

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
You gotta remember this is in London, short distances, narrow roads and people stacked on top of one another.

Check this out! If this took place in the USA there would have been a guns-a-blazing altercation for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a couple of photos below. I suspected someone had a go at the lock last year but this time they cut through everything it was bolted to and took fence and all. With the back wheel locked and the fact they took the fence with them I guess it was into a back of a van. I would love it back as sentimental value is the main thing it offers. If not, will be waiting on insurance and see what else I can get I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Well the dirty rotten thieves! :/ what does a person have to do to protect their property, put a bunch of them down? and you know the sad thing is; it is highly illegal to booby trap your own motorcycle :mad: maybe they need to relax that law in London for a while.

... apparently there are very small tracking devices available now that can be concealed inside a vehicle and track the whereabouts of your stolen property, thinking you might want to look into that for the next bike. :/ although I'm not sure what you could do to the pricks if you did catch them.

·
Registered
412 Posts
We have a real issue with bikes being stolen in the UK especially Bristol, if its not in a garage it will go.. hope you find it! get in on a few social media links!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
We have a real issue with bikes being stolen in the UK especially Bristol, if its not in a garage it will go.. hope you find it! get in on a few social media links!
You guys seriously need to petition the government to increase the penalties for motorcycle theft. I bet if they threaten to cut their nuts off and make good on it, that would end motorcycle theft completely.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
You guys seriously need to petition the government to increase the penalties for motorcycle theft. I bet if they threaten to cut their nuts off and make good on it, that would end motorcycle theft completely.

So you are going to force motorcycle thieves to get married?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts