Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a couple of bikes up for sale and that means Craigslist ads. Instead of people showing up with cash I get a lot of craigslist trade offers. So far I have been offered:

- a serious water cooled gaming computer
- a serious multiprocessor computer
- an industrial chainsaw
- a scoped rifle.

What's the weirdest thing you have been offered in trade for a bike?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I was offered a .223 Bushmaster for a pile of RZ350 parts. I should've taken the guy up on the offer. It was a nice rifle.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I was offered a .223 Bushmaster for a pile of RZ350 parts. I should've taken the guy up on the offer. It was a nice rifle.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I've had people beg me to GIVE them what I'm selling. Like, for free.

Three times.

It must have something to do with being in Portland Oregon.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I've had people beg me to GIVE them what I'm selling. Like, for free.

Three times.

It must have something to do with being in Portland Oregon.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
in my mid teens, i swapped my honda c50 field bike for a birds egg collection and a teddy boy jacket.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
in my mid teens, i swapped my honda c50 field bike for a birds egg collection and a teddy boy jacket.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

were you gay in your teenage years?

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ukTony

were you gay in your teenage years?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Guns, furniture, massage therapy, stamps, rare coins (usually Franklin mint-type), computers, home entertainment equipment, dentistry, pool cleaning, jewelery, event tickets, airline passes, concert tickets, appliances, quads, ATC's, lawn equipment, pedegree'd pets, pop-up campers, timeshares.

I don't sell a lot on CL, but when I do, the offers usually flood in, ranging from plausible to absurd. The only thing I want to trade for is money.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Guns, furniture, massage therapy, stamps, rare coins (usually Franklin mint-type), computers, home entertainment equipment, dentistry, pool cleaning, jewelery, event tickets, airline passes, concert tickets, appliances, quads, ATC's, lawn equipment, pedegree'd pets, pop-up campers, timeshares.

I don't sell a lot on CL, but when I do, the offers usually flood in, ranging from plausible to absurd. The only thing I want to trade for is money.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
yep , nothin like a good rodgering up the trademans entrance when youre 14 years old .

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
yep , nothin like a good rodgering up the trademans entrance when youre 14 years old .

·
Registered
830 Posts
Teddy Boy jacket???

Did I miss a fad?

We're the same age, Tony, I don't think the teddy boy made the trip over the pond, I would have remembered it. If it did, it didn't get to the west coast where I grew up (Eugene, Oregon).

Mark, is the bike shop at 92nd and Stark still there? I bought an RZ350 there once long ago...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Teddy Boy jacket???

Did I miss a fad?

We're the same age, Tony, I don't think the teddy boy made the trip over the pond, I would have remembered it. If it did, it didn't get to the west coast where I grew up (Eugene, Oregon).

Mark, is the bike shop at 92nd and Stark still there? I bought an RZ350 there once long ago...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
There's Cycle Gear at 89th and Stark.. They just sell shit though, so far as I know.

Elvis wore a ladyboy.... er, Teddy Boy Jacket sometimes. When he was younger.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts