Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are bikes I really want to dislike, but can't. This one is yet another modern-day "replica" that has nothing to do with the original. It's a bog-standard bike playing dress-up. It's got electrical tape on the headlight and pipe wrap. It's a "street bike" with no license plate and no air cleaner. It's featured on BikeEXIF. All perfectly legit reasons to want to bag on it.

But frankly, I absolutely love it. Even if it is a cross-dresser, it's a very attractive cross-dresser and it looks as though it would be a lot of fun.

This Harley Street 750 is a blast from the past | Bike EXIF

harley-750-7-625x625.jpg
harley-750-1-625x417.jpg

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I don't think it's that much of a cross dresser. In fact I think it's probably a good use of the new 750 they are coming out with. I can't hate the pipe wrap in this case, the originals used them because of how close the pipes ran inside the fairing and this bike seems to have similar routing. Here is what I hate:

- Are the shocks stock showa units? Cheap chinese? or XR1200 takeoffs? If chinese then fail
- 21" rims? are you fucking serious? original bikes ran 18" front and rear. Here the 21"er's look like wagon wheels.
- the headlight tape? that is still a thing?
- the velocity stack sticks straight out, the originals had carbs that faced the rear of the bike, I just think the rider's knee is going to block that opening more than he/she would like.
- new stock forks still seem kinda spindly.

Overall I think this is great though and the direction HD needs to push their new street bikes. Not everybody wants a douchebag chopper wannabe crusier.

One thing I really did like though, it looks like a useable motorcycle.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ever hear steak hitting a hot grill - that would be the same sound you would hear if the pipes were not wrap...followed be some loud screams...

Are you sure those wheels are 21" - they look more like 19's to me...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I thought that rear looked like a front tire. Yeah, other than the rim choice, I like it.....Well the head light tape, too but that can be removed easily. The front kinda reminds me of a surprised puppy, for some reason.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
(taped headlight photo)
Wouldn't be allowed on most tracks (maybe ALL tracks).

Headlight should be COMPLETELY taped over. You think you're fast, you dump your bike, poor sucker behind you rides through your broken glass at speed and falls down in the next turn when his tire is all gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think it's that much of a cross dresser. In fact I think it's probably a good use of the new 750 they are coming out with. I can't hate the pipe wrap in this case, the originals used them because of how close the pipes ran inside the fairing and this bike seems to have similar routing. Here is what I hate:

- Are the shocks stock showa units? Cheap chinese? or XR1200 takeoffs? If chinese then fail
- 21" rims? are you fucking serious? original bikes ran 18" front and rear. Here the 21"er's look like wagon wheels.
- the headlight tape? that is still a thing?
- the velocity stack sticks straight out, the originals had carbs that faced the rear of the bike, I just think the rider's knee is going to block that opening more than he/she would like.
- new stock forks still seem kinda spindly.

Overall I think this is great though and the direction HD needs to push their new street bikes. Not everybody wants a douchebag chopper wannabe crusier.

One thing I really did like though, it looks like a useable motorcycle.
Agreed, those wheels look ridiculous. Good looking bike other than the hoopty rims.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Agreed, those wheels look ridiculous. Good looking bike other than the hoopty rims.
I think you need to do years of study before you ever get near a cafe racer type of bike.

This H-D is basically a dysfunctional POS build by an idiot. Trust me.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you need to do years of study before you ever get near a cafe racer type of bike.

This H-D is basically a dysfunctional POS build by an idiot. Trust me.

Danger, is my business.
Wow, sarcasm is apparently not your game. We both criticized this bike and for some reason you need to tell me not to come near a cafe bike haha wtf is wrong with you?

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
You clearly failed to do any reading before joining this site.....

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Wow, sarcasm is apparently not your game. We both criticized this bike and for some reason you need to tell me not to come near a cafe bike haha wtf is wrong with you?
Oh well, if you want a vigorous exchange of ideas and opinions, you are at the right forum. Don't take it personally.

If all else fails, evolve bony body armor.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
For the most part this is a beauty. Anything goes into bikes these days but for the life of me I can't think of one good reason for 21s.....front to back.......for street. I mean it's for purely asthetics in my opinion but.......is this the coming new thing? I missed out on all other trends but maybe 21s for my CB........then I would be in the in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts