Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Are you speaking from experience? Or are you just an old man standing on your front porch shaking your fist at all the young ones who are "doing it wrong?"

·
Registered
965 Posts
Are you speaking from experience? Or are you just an old man standing on your front porch shaking your fist at all the young ones who are "doing it wrong?"

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Amen Brother Scott.
Shake that fist at all them whipper-snappers.
Ken
P.S. They are doing it wrong. There is no reason to not have fenders on street bikes, except for the "look." That makes it wrong. There is no reason for race bikes to not have fenders, too. Make them minimal if you want, but they need to be there for protection of the rider or the carbs or handling.

I am right!!!
K

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Amen Brother Scott.
Shake that fist at all them whipper-snappers.
Ken
P.S. They are doing it wrong. There is no reason to not have fenders on street bikes, except for the "look." That makes it wrong. There is no reason for race bikes to not have fenders, too. Make them minimal if you want, but they need to be there for protection of the rider or the carbs or handling.

I am right!!!
K

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
JohnnyB,
That whole image is wrong, too.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
JohnnyB,
That whole image is wrong, too.

Ken

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'd rather have no fenders than a large majority of autistic fender mounting attempts I see on MANY custom bikes

for example, It is seldom I see an ol boy Triton that one quick peek doesn't reveal that frail pretty junk will do well to make it on and off the show trailer a time or two

like one posted here and recently

take that machine with "provenance" out and beat the hades out of it for a few months

see which fender ends up wound around the bike somewhere first

it's pretty though

my bet is that thin flimsy POS which all but shaves the front tire will go first but that 14 inches of unsupported rear doesn't look promising and I've been around enough of them to know that ol boy 34 buck rear fender loop is puppy pee weak and useless....... and from there back the thing will wraggle like a meth'd dog's tail

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I'd rather have no fenders than a large majority of autistic fender mounting attempts I see on MANY custom bikes

for example, It is seldom I see an ol boy Triton that one quick peek doesn't reveal that frail pretty junk will do well to make it on and off the show trailer a time or two

like one posted here and recently

take that machine with "provenance" out and beat the hades out of it for a few months

see which fender ends up wound around the bike somewhere first

it's pretty though

my bet is that thin flimsy POS which all but shaves the front tire will go first but that 14 inches of unsupported rear doesn't look promising and I've been around enough of them to know that ol boy 34 buck rear fender loop is puppy pee weak and useless....... and from there back the thing will wraggle like a meth'd dog's tail

·
Registered
692 Posts
I lack a front fender . It's all personal preference . Like clubman bars .
Some bikes look good without fenders . But if you're front fender acts as a brace and you take it off for looks for the cost of handling that there is dumb .

1 - 20 of 62 Posts