Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my CB200
Is there any half descent solution to this problem besides cracking the case and replacing it with a new (old) one? Someone has already tried to weld the end and failed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weld it better than the first time. Then when you're ready to actually tear it all the way down replace it. Thats how I'm rolling with my yz250 shifter. Or if you're ready now, go for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Weld it better than the first time. Then when you're ready to actually tear it all the way down replace it. Thats how I'm rolling with my yz250 shifter. Or if you're ready now, go for it.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Use the electric starter.

Ken

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Use the electric starter.

Ken

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah, all pretty much what I thought. I was planning on maybe grinding a flat spot on the shaft for a little better "bite" with the weld or grind a slot and use a roll pin. I was hoping to eventually ditch the electric starter, that might have to wait for a proper tear down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah, all pretty much what I thought. I was planning on maybe grinding a flat spot on the shaft for a little better "bite" with the weld or grind a slot and use a roll pin. I was hoping to eventually ditch the electric starter, that might have to wait for a proper tear down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts