Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this seems like a weird question. Is it possible to kink stainless braided brake hoses?

I was having some problems on my 73 cb750K involving a stuck front brake. The previous owner claimed that it had been recently rebuilt and upon opening the master I could see that everything was clean, fresh, and clear. Checked the caliper and she is not releasing, ugh. So I started tracing the braded lines up and when I got to the MC I noticed that the PO had installed it with the line jammed against the tach to the point where there was a 90 degree bend in it where the braided line meets the metal banjo collar.

I have drained it and re routed it so there does not to be a kink now but I haven't tested it yet. So this leaves me with a few questions:

- I didn't think it was possible to crush braided stainless soft line to the point where it kinked. Has the hose now been compromised?

- Is it possible for the hose to be permanently pinched?

- There doesn't appear to be any leaks or other issues, but has the pressed on fitting been ruined?

Ordered a new stainless steel caliper piston that arrived yesterday. when I am done there is going to be more stainless steel in this brake system than corrosive parts. Hopefully I will never have to work on brakes again after this.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Kink 'em all the time on circle track cars, crashing and what not. End up with the same scenerio, enough pressure opens it up to activate the brake, but doesn't bleed back.

Blow through it(w/your mouth)if it's restricted pitch it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts