Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they looked bent too but figured it had something to do with the curvature of the earth and the telephoto lens needed to capture this regal beast

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
It would be a wide angle lens that would cause the distortion you are thinking of, but if you look at the background objects they are not similarly distorted.

BTW I am pretty sure he has a 1976 cb750F front end (way extended) on that pig so it would be 35mm forks - kinda spindly. Lots of 70's VW trikes tried to use Harley or Goldwing front ends because they were much bigger (GW = 37mm, hds were 41mm I think)

·
Registered
85 Posts
ha dude has his head in his hand in the first pic looks like he REALLLY wants to get rid of this monstrosity. Looks fun tough!

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
'74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i say take it out and do wheelies til the back bumper is gone.

jc

·
Registered
118 Posts
heh reminds me of my uncles trike that has been taken apart for like 20 years. It looks like a Model T body/bed and has a VW engine/transaxle.

1978 Yamaha XS400. Stock for now.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Hey, only one of my Beetles caught fire... and only once. That's a very undeserved reputation those cars have earned.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I thought the squarebacks were well known to catch fire (or was it just the type 1's).

None of my father's beetles ever caught fire but he used to buy a lot of burned out air cooled volkswagens for parts.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ours never caught fire. oh right, it didnt leak um...gas.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oh, and since we opened it, i bet that 1840 or whatever stroer runs great with a stock carb. it should have dual 42mm dellortos on it.

jc

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, I'm saying that reputation is just about exactly right. My first car was a '73 bug. I had to put it out a couple times. Still a goddamned waste though, those machines are cool even if they are a little on the flammable side.

What the hell is it with these car/bike hybrid trikes anyway? A three-wheeled motorcycle I get at some level, even if it does take all the fun out of cornering. But why, why does someone decide to turn a car into a motorcycle?

·
Registered
85 Posts
'cause they're freakin' retards that's why. No other way to explain it...haha. And O.C.C doesnt help either, just gives stupid people stupid ideas, just look at some of the bikes that are out there for sale (and some of the pics of purchased bikes that have been posted here...JEEZ!

Banned From The Pubs..
'73 CB350(RIP)
'74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If thats not the meaning of "contraption" Then its high on the list.

Perfect example of all heart and no research of any kind.You cant just be a customizer or one off builder without lots and lots of study of the subject,an eye for design and more then basic engineering.

He shoul have sold the square back, as a whole vw ,would have sold faster and would get more money then this .
Its so bad on all levels its hurting braincells to think about this any longer

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts