Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
since i posted this...il repost it.

first some thoughts about tbhe other summit thread. sotto, i didnt know know you had a concussion. they do suck, but they have their own fun about them. i hate throwing up form having on though.

pete, funny.

the gp suspects were
d'angelo
me
tt
paul...???
steven barber
bucky
bill johnson

anyway, 500 gp went somethin like this. i was gridded on the 2nd row of the 1st grid. with v2 behind us. the flag dropped and i got a good start. d'angelo went by like he had a rocket engine lodged in his ass. we both hung with tt for the first lap. then its like the rocket was given to tt. he checked out, but after tex who motored by him on his new v1 bike where hp really counted. talk about just twisting on the power. holy crap! steve and i settled in behind tt having a fnatastic super clean race. the 350ducati motoring me everyplace where it could stretch its legs, and me outbraking and out handling steve every place i could take advantage of my bikes handling. steve had me riding my ass off. the power of the ducati just got me though, and he strategized a great race, kept a cool head, and beat me to the line by about 50' id say. but what a fantastic race. clean, we gave each other plenty of room, and it was a great time. thanks steve. it was a great pleasure to take in the ducati from every angle! gorgeous bike. excellent race.

tex won the v2 race. nice goin dude.

350 gp was a 3 wave start. w/v1 and f500. 350s were on the last grid, i was on the 13th row. the flag dropped, and it was the same precession for the race. except tex tosses it in t1! ill let him tel the story. we dusted "rolling roadblock" an put to work fighting it out for the next few laps. i tried to wait til i had a good chance to get by steve, when he made a mistake. he ran a pretty clean race for the first couple of laps. chasing down an rd. i watched him try to make an inside pass on the rd into t10, really gutsy, and i wouldnt have caught him probably after that, but he didnt make it stick.

next ting i know, fat guy, "rolling roadblock" passes me. shit, i dice with him for a lap then let him go since hes not in my class, and i figure i wont slow him down in case he can catch steve. then ill jump into the mix if the chance arises. im following them into t1 2 laps later, after rrb runs wide trying to out brake steve the prior lap. i see them all go in, rrb goes in way too hot and clips steves rear wheel and highsides. i see rrb laying on the ground, out cold. his bike in the middle of the track. i come into t3 and theres the red. its an unfortunate aspect of racing, and riding over your head is something that can happen, but shouldnt. as well as just dumb mistakes. id never want to see anyone hurt, but that guy was almost asking for it. i hope he recovers quickly. he was up and around later with a big welt on his head. i hope next year he collects himself up, takes it easy, reels it in a bit, and just rides. a bike that fast should have a winner on it.

bucky and i also raced the xr100s. it was really fun. sliding them aroun the track. buckys going to get good at riding it. thanks for going buck. glad you did it. it was a lot of fun.

congrats everyone. it was a really fun weekend.

sorry everyone that couldnt make it. soto, pete, dirty pete. we missed you guys.

nice riding tim. your days are numbered though. im after you.

jc

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
oh, i got more in me.....i got waaay more in me. it might not be there in may, but it will be there!! i still am not even close to riding over my head, anywhere. just have a few moe things to learn. and figure out.

plus my bikes pretty....i dont want to crash it ya know.

actually tim rode great this weekend.

even meatball mawby ran away with it in v2.

see you in march at vir!

jc

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
bill did alright. not sure where he finished. im sure he'll chime in. buckys steerin stab mount broke off. (totally my fault, i fucked up when i welded it on, stupid gas!) i think they were both a little frustrated with how they did. you know how it is. bill had a flat in the 500 race, he came in and we got the tube swapped out. just in time. so i think he was a little outta whack from having to do that. we had a new guy with us, jeff, on his r6. hes a very good street rider, done tons of track days, but this was his first race. i think his eyes were opened quite a bit. i think he was hoping for about a mid pack finish at a leisurely pace, but he got schooled. ran both his races and made some progress. i dont think he realized how fast some of those 20 year old kids are compared to his 40 years. but he had a blast. he finished 2nd from last both races i think. but he seems hooked. hes een up for running a vintage bike at some point.

yeah, we missed ya soto.

jc

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
i knew shed be a changed woman. it was fun having her around. its funny, how when people bring their kids. we always start off so nice, but it ends up like normal. shes a good kid though. i hope she had a good time.

jc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.