Cafe Racer Forum banner

summit bummit foe fummit

4K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  texmawby 
#1 ·
well, perfect weather and perfect track....except for the sealer laid down in t3. i had the V1 bike out with a goal of 1:34 lap. i didn't care if it was a 1:34.999, i just wanted to break that threshold! 1st race was V3, which is like a round of paid practice (racing with 750cc bikes....etc). got a good start and settled in to a lonely ride till i got passed by gene lucas and his RD400. had a great scrap with him, outbraking him in t1 (that's right bitches, t1 - it's my house)! he set me up good on the last lap in t5 and i couldn't get around him. tried to pull a draft out of t10 down the straight to the stripe, but wasn't close enough. he took 3rd place by a bike and a half length.

next race was V2 and 500GP. i got a great start and beat everyone into t1 (my house, my corner....enough said, bitches!). i checked out and never turned around. three consecutive 1:35's and two, 1:34's (one was a 1:34.4)...so i was very pleased. bike was running uber strong and sounds awesome! it was giving me chills and thrills checking up at brake marker 2 and down shifting from 5th, 4th, into 3rd for the t1 corner. i pulled tt around for a bit and his results showed, but more on that later.

last race was V1, Formula 500, and 350GP. again a great start. went into t1 in 1st in V1, but third overall behind two RD400 (formula 500 bikes). well i was going for the win in t1 and lap 1 and i rolled on the throttle too much pitched over......result: rear wheel came around and i lowsided....with all the other bikes (15 behind me, ouch)! i scrambled up and ran out of the impact zone, noticing that my bike had come to rest on it's right side on the track by the outside left apron. after the last bike cleared t1 i ran over, picked it up and got off the track. i was fine as i slid only on my left hip and right hand (like i was sliding into 1st base). the corner worker was asking if i was o.k., and i'm yelling in my helmet to him, "YEAH, FINE, FANTASTIC, GOT A LITTLE ADRENELINE PUMPING RIGHT NOW!" he looked over the bike and asked if i wanted to ride back to the pits, i said o.k., and he helped to push start my bike. when i came around to the access road, another marshall ran up and asked if i wanted to continue my race. i said, "CAN I!?!?!?!?!?" he was like sure, and looked over my bike to see that all the parts were there and working, but the clipon, ball end of brake lever, and foot peg were ground down, but straight, secure, and functioning. so i continued my race. getting back onto the track, i was a lap down as the leader and second place of formula 500 just came through t1, and i settled in behind them....way behind as i was shaking off the dust and insecurity that fills your head after a crash. TT passes me in t5 (entering the carousel) and it's like....fun, game back on. so we chased each other for two laps, till i came down by front straight to see my number and the meatball flag. whoops, forgot to go through hot tech, then really screwed up when i pulled off the track as i confused the flag as not as a penalty flag, but as a "there is something really fucked up with your bike and you will probably die if you continue to chase TT around. so, i kinda DQ'ed myself, humbled myself in t1 (my house is big, heavy, and hard when you smack against it), and received my first meatball!

the after race party was great with lots of people throwing in for a good potluck, awesome fire in the meadow, fireworks display by the mods in the t10 paddock area, beer, wine, and a little gin.

a great day and night with amazing friends at the track. can't wait till march and VIR. see you all (hopefully) there.

cheers,

texy

p.s.- TT continues to amaze and impress me with how efficently and fast he can ride that stocker. last year he breaks my best lap at summit by dipping into 1:38. in the V2 race he recorded a 1:41, followed by a 1:38. three consecutive 1:37's, and ended the race with TWO 1:36 laps....all on a at best, 30hp stock motorcycle. that is freakin' fast and my candy corn knitted hat is off to him! good show!

See less See more
#31 ·
Texy,
I have been working hard. Today I installed a new garbage disposal and got the dining room table sanded down so I can refinsh it. Oh yeah, I applied for 2 more jobs.

Ken

#33 ·
quote:Originally posted by ttilghman

for the duc sauced motor....
Sounds like a 5 star meal at Daniel's in NYC. "Yes, ahhhh hummmm, I'll try the duc sauced motor...... with a 1787 Chateau Lafite."

As far as the motor crapping out...My guess is the thingy-mah-bop, got stuck in the doo wacky, which caused the watchamacallit to go klaboom.

Ken, how about a poultry processor, apparently that is one of the top ten worst jobs in America.

#35 ·
i guess i won V1 after all!

from the wera board:

V1
Position
Sponsors
Bike #
Name
Bike / CC
Hometown
1)
Michael B. Mawby
Honda 350
Philadelphia, PA
Teamsuperawesomes.com, Rev'It! Sport USA, Todd Henning Racing, Tannermatic

DQ)
Richard Andrews
Honda 350
Telford, PA

DNS)
Michael Ewer
Honda 362
Lehighton, PA

woo-hoo!

texy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.