Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I didn't make it. Million dollar slipper clutch worth 2 bucks. What happened? Anyone get picked up by Attack Performance?

Aaron

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Great weekend of racing. Gorgeous 80 degree day on saturday. Tons and tons of great food. Craig, great to see you. Hope youll now be a wera/summit regular! Your bike looks spectacular as usual.

The caferacer.net crew kicked ass. Despite the track being repaved, its still bumpy as hell in a few spots. (it wouldnt be summit with out one or two bumps eh?) But overall the concrete patches are gone, (i miss them) and its a free for all as far lines go. Its nice not having the seams to think about and being able to ride where you want. Im not sure whats contributed to the times dropping, a heavier hand, or the new pavement but i think everyone was happy this weekend. And those that couldnt show were surely missed.

There were 10 bikes on the 350/500 gp grid.

they were

yeller, tt, myself, whateves, bj, tex, bucky, soto, jack houman, and steven barber. (ooops)

on the same grid in v1/f500, and v2 was jersey girl and craig641. we were all on the track at the same time. really fun to see those guys go through.

first the breaks. sotoman had unknown mechanicals as did yeller. yeller with a fried ignition box. he and jack houman scrambled to get points back on his bike, and he got out for the 350 race but the bike failed to run well after over revving it in morning warm ups. tough breaks for both riders.

Ill start by buy saying bucky sexton showed with a better hanlding machine and kicked some ass. After diagnosing a starting problem at lunch, with no practice time on the bike, bucky rocked out with his cock out. Great seeing bucky go and being able to hang with him and dice for a few laps. Way to go Buck! He then proceeded to celebrate by getting wasted on red wine. Both he and lisa were hilarious and fun all weekend.

I had 2 great races with bucky and tex. a real blast. tex getting me at the the line in the 500 race by about a bike length. but we were passing every lap. roper lapped us on a tz250a. A first year twin shock model! On the last lap. I thought wed have one more to go to size up tex for one last pass. But ropey blew it for me! I nebver thought ide be getting lapped! next time mawbs. you know i got it in there. I took 5th behind tex in both races.

Bill the new guy was impressive and ran some decent lap times for his first time there. i even looked over my shoulder and was surprised to see him hanging right there. Even ran some comparable laps times to us in the begining stages of the race. Hes going to be fast. If he can keep from running out of gas.

Whatevs cleaned house. Winning both 500 and 350gp races. Pulling away at the start like we were waiting for al to throw another flag for us. He ran out of gas crossing start finish at the checkered. Sat in t1 with bill who was also out of gas waiting for the crash truck. Probably the first time anyones come back to the pits, on the crash truck, with another crashed rider, and also able to claim he won the race. Nice riding dude.

Jerseygirl won, yes, I Said it, WON the v1 race. Took a 3rd in v2 I think. Shes fast as hell, smooth, and predictable. Weve all known it, watch out, shes going to be big trouble. Nice riding jersey girl. Nice being passed by you so authoritatively. You looked great out there! Big congrats on your first win!

Craig brough his diskbraked monster down and I believe won a race. Not sure which, but i saw his big trophy box as he headed back from collecting it up.

TT took 2 seconds i believe his first weekend back to summit. That du can ride through some traffic. So, im not sure, but this may tie whatevs for the caferacer.net cup. I belive hes taken 4 podiums and more wins then anyone here. I think tts either running in third, or tied for 2nd.

See you in june!!!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
J, thanks for the offer. I actually plan to hit both summit and another round either nelson or beaver. The problem for me is first that I am a hitchiker bumming rides to races. Last year I spent WAY too much renting vans to drive, it was just one of those things where I refused to miss a race. No matter the cost. Now that there is the little guy at home I have to keep the trips as short as possible. At least until he can join us to camp.

Just let me know your plans, I'm always up to vanpool or caravan. A couple of us are already scheming on the next round.

LOneWolf, EXACTLY.

I GOTTA SAY THE WHOLE CAFERACER.NET CREW REALLY MADE THE EFFORT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO GET ME TO THE RACE. WAY BEYOND. You guys rule. Thanks TT, Soto, Tex, Joe, Whatevs, Yeller, Bucky and everyone who tried to make it work. This has got to be the tightest vintage class around.

with that out of the way, WHAT HAPPENED??

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
It was a fun weekend. I must give public thanks to Bill, Joe (Joe's friend) on 222 and Jack from Atlanta who rides for Sirius Consolidated (sp?). After a very fun first practice round with no transponder hooked up on the track, so who knows what lap times I was doing. Likely slow and low 150s. I took the bike out for second practice. After a few miss shifts, and just a crappy lap, my sending unit on the BoreTech electronic ignition failed. WIth the help of Joe and TT, we determined it was the unit, and I was pretty much fucked. Until Bill and Jack nudged me into just swapping out the e-ignition for stock point system. SO borrowed parts from Bill and Jack and we had the bike running ready for GP500. Well it ran like crap (what's new). I pulled off the track, advanced the timing a bit, and it still ran poorly. Good news, is I had a blast, I finally met many of you in person, and the bike ran really well for first practice (So I know I won't be sidelined at VC once I get a new sending unit. Anyway, Bill was turning very fast times 145s for his second race ever. He is someone to watch out for! Cheers and thanks to Bucky, Lisa, Tex and Casey for all the great food. Peace.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I made it down for my first trip to Summit Point. That track is a blast. I raced in three races this weekend. V2, V3, and Formula 500. I wanted to do V1 with the rest of the crew but since my bike has a disk brake it wasn't legal for that class, and not wanting to be called a cheater :) I bumped up to V2. I'm glad I did since that's the race I ended up winning. I took a fourth in V3, a first in V2 and a third in formula 500. The weather on Saturday was perfect for racing. Joe and I must be using different lines because I never felt a bump. Other than the one time I went motocrossing across the grass. I want to thank Tex for showing me the fast lines around the track. He pointed on section that made for a good passing zone going into turn four. I ended up using that spot when I passed him in one of the races.
The hospitality among the crew was great. There was more food than anyone could eat. tt's coffee in the morning is something to be cautious of however.
A great group of guys and girl to race with.

Craig

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
yep, it was a great weekend. thanks to everyone who made it down and those that couldn't were sorely missed. but yeah, i love the generousity of friendship in our pits, that track is a ton of fun, i dig the weather in early spring, WERA runs the races so well, i just love summit...i've never had a bad time down there, even when i broke the c-bone. it's so worth the trip over the mason-dixon line.

so yeah joe, it was my first time back since the silly summer of I.V.'s, but there was only one time that old crash was in the front of my mind. that's when i went back out in V3 and was having the same kind of race with Craig and his beautiful hot-rod 350. Craig would just motor away from me on the striaghts and i could just sniff him in the carousel or by T9 and was thinking, "maybe i could actually get around him while he's at practice pace....and he doesn't know i'm back here, so just maybe.." and then i'd wake up and ask myself how in the hell can i think about passing a faster rider in a big bump class, in the same corner again...??? and so i gently let a touch of throttle go away and was happy to watch Craig learn the track without some ass on a smaller bike trying to play hero. but then i did let Craig know i was there once, at which point he just politely shut the door and walked away from me, no sweat.

the 500 was a hoot, i think it may be the first time i was ever gridded on the front row. tex and aron both beat me to T1 and i think i saw a little candy apple green come into the picture. i was able to get Tex on the outside of T3 but Aron was basically untouchable floating a few hundred yards out front for a few laps. so i was just riding around in fear of Tex or Bucky striking at any minute when, like out of nowhere, Craig comes flying by from his grid..."oh, shit, those guys are out here too". well Craig bridged the gap to Aron and went right around his Ducati, at which point Aron added some speed and while i had a flash-thought that maybe they'll slow each other down enough to let me come play....yeah well they just made each other faster but it was fun to watch them dice it all the way to the last turn where aron retook the overall lead and just slipped by Craig to see the checkered flag before running out of gas....they don't calculate their fuel runs in F1 any better than that.

for 350 we were the third class on the grid which made the sart a bit more fun. i always start for crap and i didn't improve here. so Aron and Tex and Joe and Bucky and Barber and Jack and just about the whole grid beat me into T1 where we'd kinda caught some of the backmarkers from the first two classes...which was cool 'cause one honda in particluar was clogging up T3 really nice where i was able to dip inside and get by most everyone but Bucky and Aron...that was a fun pass and it felt good to leave those guys stuck with the black V1 roadblock. i found bucky at the bottom of the hill and used the TEX-book "bold outside pass in the carousel" to sling around Bucky. so still fearful of a Bucky/Tex retaliation at every corner I found myself a lot closer to Aron, as he was trying to find a line around Kerry, than i expected. I think there were almost two or three laps (mylaps isn't up yet) that I ran with those two kinda close. Then Aron got around Kerry on the brakes in T5 which spoiled all my hopes of racing Aron for the win but instead i had a great time following Kerry around. I was able to just get by her on the inside of T9 for about two seconds before she slammed the door by retaking her position and leaving me far behind...kinda like ,"no! no damn way that your little stock bike is gonna touch me or my fast red machine".

so hell yeah, it was great racing, great fun, great weather, great food and most of all...as always, great people. oh, and joe, thanks for the XR lesson...i'm comin' for ya.

loudon next month bitches, i'm a commin' to rock my shit with tanner-
tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i just looked at my lap times and i was almost a second faster last time at summit. low 142 last time. now thats depressing.

jc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
dude-

i think the repave may have actually slowed us all down about a second...look at everyone's times from last year. and where are you seeing the times...i can't find them at mylaps yet?

-tt

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i checked the fastest i did this weekend, an comapred them to my fastest ever. i thought i went faster this weekend. i sure feel like i did. my legs are still killing me!

j

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
What you can't see in that picture is the zipper on my leathers about to explode from the off season weight gain. And JC, my legs are still sore as well. I really need to get in shape.

Craig

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
nice looking ride hercules. your legs might not hurt so much if you tucked 'em in.
-parks
ps: at first i thought it said "champ" but then realized it was "craig" on yout fairing...fe-ew.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts