Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with a friend yesterday on a 150 mile ride through the country. There are some good roads in southeastern Ohio and it gave me a chance to test my riding a bit. I sold my W650 2 years ago and in the meantime I have just been tooling around town on my 350 (when its running and I'm not fucking with it), so, safe to say I'm a little rusty out in the country.

I got an '01 SV650s a couple of weeks ago and when the chance came up to go for a Sunday ride, I jumped at it. I'm here to tell you, the SV is a great all around bike. The only word that comes to mind to describe it is "balanced."

Funny, though, that I say that as about an hour into the ride I laid it down. It was my own damn fault. Easy left hand curve on a gentle rise and I fucked up the entry, target fixated on the edge of the road, and into the weeds and down I went. Stupid. No real damage. Just bent up the shift linkage. Bent it back, fired her up, and off we went for another 3 hours of back country riding. I'm not too proud to admit it, I need practice. I took it fairly easy the rest of the ride, concentrating on smooth riding and using my eyes, and learned a lot.

One thing's for sure, if you want to learn how to ride, get out of the city and find some hills and curves.

Oh, here's the bike;

Here's the damage:

Honda go sideways!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Slight bike damage and no personal damage--Lucky You!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in NY too, took a 60 mile ride with a friend--he was on my sporty and I rode the CB360. No problems but I didn't push it at all since he is a new rider and would hurt himself trying to keep up. My problem is I get a little stupid crazy and try to override my abilities.

I didn't think they had such a thing as curves and hill in Ohio. All I ever saw was straight and flat...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts