Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought this oddball motorcycle.
Doesnt run and have no history on it.

Hell I do not even understand the make. Some parts say Suzuki, but others say Bimota?
I assume it is some Chinese knock off sport bike.

Perfect to cut up and build my dream cafe racer.

Step one was to take it all apart in the first 24hrs of it being in my garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow. Chinese ? only if china is a funny boot shaped country.
134hp Lots of carbon fibre , beautiful finish, no frame under tail just hollow composites, Suzuki based, yes
Any Idea why its not going. the Suzuki's have electrical woes the Reg/rec fails blowing up everything else that's turned on at the time cdi,dash, lights battery I went through this with my Suzuki cafe project.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No real idea.
It is the standard "ran when parked" story. Appears to be in decent shape.

Need to figure out how to glue a subframe to that black plastic stuff on the frame.
The seat I bought on ebay needs something to mount too.

Might relocate the shock for a more modern mono shock set up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey, This is an Italian super bike. chop all you like but that is real carbon fiber. I would probably unbolt super light seat/tail and use those mounting points to mount you stuff, they cam stock with Ohlins suspension

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
There is no sense in taking the grinder to the tail there won't be any sparks, I'd just use a hacksaw

I'd put the tank back on, run a string line from the top triple to the back of the seat and cut off everything above or rear of the string. Get a nice boneline to start. Then you could take off those big cans and have a nice open exhaust into a cool tip.

There was a guy looking for gold USD's if those aren't going to fit with your paint scheme.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might just go for the street fighter look.
Having a hard time finding dirt tires that fit these rims though.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Those Paioli forks would look sweet on a CB750, what's the big holes in the gas tank for, the pod filters? lol stick them right up in the air on top of the tank that would look impressive.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those Paioli forks would look sweet on a CB750, what's the big holes in the gas tank for, the pod filters? lol stick them right up in the air on top of the tank that would look impressive.
I will probably sell those forks to a local cafe builder. They look funny and clearly are heavy. Just look at that lower triple!

Thinking something like a CB350 front end. A drum would be more traditional anyway.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Vaguely remember chatting to you quite a few years ago about a Laverda.
Last weekend I spent an hour or two trying to get my photos in some sort of order, and came across these.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They have been on my radar for a while, but I have yet to have one in the garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honestly what are you guys talking about it really is a "state of the art" machine. Its is a Italian sports bike everything is super light and highly engineered. check them out on you tube.
I' m all for modifying stuff but I really don't think you know what You have. Don't sell or change anything till you know what a gem you have. Then from a place of knowledge go from there.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THIS WILL BE A CUSTOM MOTORCYCLE THAT EXPRESSES MY PERSONALITY!
I will not be bound by someones perverted views of right and wrong. The organic experience between man and machine is what is important.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts