Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
These cant be that rare, There are two in my garage right now.
Other one has a fancier four cylinder motor.
Twice as fast!

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I fucking love that guy.

He is still around. James May got some stickers a while back on DriveTribe.
Also if you actually want to follow along the Bimota SB8R awakening, I am doing the tread over there.
I can not deal with posting pictures on forums for real threads. Also not a huge fan of all the adds here.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This thing is junk, piece of shit exhaust is cracked.
Substandard materials.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just drilled a hole at the one end of the crack to stop it from spreading.
I figure some muffler paste will seal it.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Now you are talking.
Had thought about just taking them off all together. The under tail look is SOOOoooooo dated and played out at this point.
Slash cut shorty right by the rearsets? Seems to be the in thing to do. Maybe something with a titanium look tip?
The reduction in restriction will more then likely help this old turn out and make a few extra horse power.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thinking about putting this old girl on a diet. Guess builders did not know any better in the late 90s. They just have too many of everything.
FOUR bolts on the lower triple?
THREE Radiators?

COME ON!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Why aren’t the mufflers already in the trash bin? Everybody knows that’s the first step after installing pod filters and asking what jetting will be needed.

Reactions: jaguar

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Put a piece of a tin can over the hole, under the aluminum tape and it will last years. That's a standard Briggs and Stratton muffler fix.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Why aren’t the mufflers already in the trash bin? Everybody knows that’s the first step after installing pod filters and asking what jetting will be needed.
Wonder if Ichiban can drill out my fuel injectors!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hey Jag! Someone posted a link to a donor bike for you!!!! Get that one and cut them BOTH up!

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Fuck euro cycles. They are just extra lazy flippers and dicks to talk too.
Casually looked to buy that bike from the last dealer (iconic) that listed that bike. They ended up selling it for a decent price along with an "normal" SB8R to euro cycles. They just doubled the price and relisted it. Now they dropped it a little bit. BUT at this point there is a zero miles SB8RS listed for less money at Iconic. Personally I think zero mile bikes are worthless, so I was not interested in that one.

I got a better deal on mine, so I am okay with clowns being clowns.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Honestly what are you guys talking about it really is a "state of the art" machine. Its is a Italian sports bike everything is super light and highly engineered. check them out on you tube.
I' m all for modifying stuff but I really don't think you know what You have. Don't sell or change anything till you know what a gem you have. Then from a place of knowledge go from there.

Dude, he's fucking with you. Frankie says relax.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts