Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you are actually interested in the "project"
You can follow along here.

CR.Net is just for locker room talk, tom foolery and general trolling.

Unless someone wants to talk about taking apart an exhaust can, repairing cracks and re packing it.....
That I could actually use some help on....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you are actually interested in the "project"
You can follow along here.

CR.Net is just for locker room talk, tom foolery and general trolling.

Unless someone wants to talk about taking apart an exhaust can, repairing cracks and re packing it.....
That I could actually use some help on....
I've been known to take them apart and rebuild/repack, but the repairing cracks part is a bit prickly. Breaking exhaust parts is actually part of my current job. When they break in the wrong spot we often weld them and keep going. Most of the time they then break right next to the weld from the first repair for various reasons. If'n it were me I'd look for one that hasn't cracked. Yet.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Shit, that was an epic deal.

Really interesting bike.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Agree 100%

The trill of the hunt is magical some times.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Rode the bike, once. But then had to tear into the cooling system.

Apparently Suzuki parts are 4-8 weeks out....

Anyone else feel that Covid is an overly used excuse to offer shitty service?
Every single fucking website out there has some covid related bullshit.

Reactions: Farmer_John

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Rode the bike, once. But then had to tear into the cooling system.

Apparently Suzuki parts are 4-8 weeks out....

Anyone else feel that Covid is an overly used excuse to offer shitty service?
Every single fucking website out there has some covid related bullshit.
I just got stiffed 35 cents by the vending machine because of the COVID coin shortage. This is an OUTRAGE, I tell ya!

Reactions: jaguar

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Probably going to have to buy another bike as it is unlikely this will be on the road by the end of the season.

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Drum brakes would be great and twin shocks so you can get that clean empty triangle look that is so cool. Not sure how you will add a seat hoop with LED strip light and brat seat, but they would look the biz fo sho. That would also help to get the bone line right.

Good luck with the project.

Fortunately my Ducati ST3 project started ( for me at least) with trashed plastics, so I didn't need to worry about scratching things. Bimotas sure are beautiful. Would love a late model Tesi . I like unusual...

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Drum brakes would be great and twin shocks so you can get that clean empty triangle look that is so cool. Not sure how you will add a seat hoop with LED strip light and brat seat, but they would look the biz fo sho. That would also help to get the bone line right.

Good luck with the project.

Fortunately my Ducati ST3 project started ( for me at least) with trashed plastics, so I didn't need to worry about scratching things. Bimotas sure are beautiful. Would love a late model Tesi . I like unusual...
Tesi is very much on my radar. Just can not justify the asking prices.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Kawasaki purchased Bimota a little bit ago and put an H2 in a Tesi...

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Have not seen delivery dates or MSRP yet.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
It would be a killer combo, but it looked better with a simple Duc twin on display. Minimalist always looked better, but that does look really nice in its own super expensive way.

How about they update the original H2 triple and put that in a Tesi chassis?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It would be a killer combo, but it looked better with a simple Duc twin on display. Minimalist always looked better, but that does look really nice in its own super expensive way.

How about they update the original H2 triple and put that in a Tesi chassis?
I remember reading articles, about a decade ago, talking about the revival of 2 strokes. Snowmobiles and outboard 2 strokes are cleaner and more efficient, or so I'm told. Have there been any advances in 2 stroke motorcycle engines that would warrant another look?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts