·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Maybe an updated version of the junk I already have is in order?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Looks nice but dated.

Sleds have been produced with EFI into the transfer ports. As I understand it, the big issue is lack of time to squirt fuel in requires large injectors ( or high volume at least) and then the duty cycle is too short at low revs, so they really need two injectors per cylinder much like modern high performance bikes.

The relatively high levels of unburnt hydrocarbons will always be an issue and that's where Yamaha tried cats in teh pipes on US RZ350s.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I think the direct injection and forced induction might help with the emissions.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
20+ years ago I did some work on a Dodge Neon that had a supercharged 3 cylinder two stroke engine. I only drove it back and forth to a dyno so don't know how fast it was on the road but I remember being surprised at the low power output and rpm limit. My guess is they wanted boost at low rpm and high rpm would over rev the blower? No one would confirm that though. I also recall they never did get it to meet emissions.

There was some good news though, if you took the top ten warranty issues on their current engine, the two stroke didn't even have something like 7 of those parts. Cylinders and heads were one piece, no head gasket.

Anyway... interesting as it was, the guy who was leading the charge passed away and I never heard about that engine again, or any other two stroke at any other OEM for that matter.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

This one better be better.

Reactions: DesmoDog

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well the first one was the right deal at the right time. I wanted a Bimota, so I bought it.
Second was a deal I couldn't pass up.
Third was model I figured I would never see again.

I have a problem...

Reactions: DesmoDog

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
SB8K Santa Montica.
Euro version, so carbon tank.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Radial masters, shower fuel injection lots of cool early stuff.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts