Cafe Racer Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Not for nothing but I absolutely detest the sound of an open intake on a Ducati two valve. Way too f'ing loud. Literally painful but then my ears ring pretty bad anyway and certain tones really set them off. I have switched multiple bikes back to airbox lids including the track bike I recently bought. Which I may abandon. But that's different thread.

That said, I did run just filters on my roundcase, but that was an entirley different animal.

I ran an open veocity stack on my 160, but that thing got ridden so rarely it would have taken decades to wear anything out on it.

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Loud intakes save lives.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Have you ever noticed how much induction sounds like somebody snoring

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
It sounds like victory.

Reactions: Tinsnips

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Currently there is a fuel pump zip tied to the front cross on the frame. Its slightly more janky then I would have thought.

Can someone shed some light, or share some pictures of how it is all supposed to be installed? I got two pumps with the bike, unsure if one was the original and failed?

Bike has the Corse kit. Without the kit I think the bikes are gravity fed.

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Super cold in the garage, but work needs to get did. Two more bikes heading to the garage at the end of the month, so going to get really tight really quick.
Light Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Vehicle

Installed a couple of rubber bands to spin the top motor valve thing. Seems that this bike is missing all the valve springs, so going to need to order a replacement set. The things you find when digging into used bikes.

Wheel Bicycle Tire Crankset Bicycle frame

Was really pissed that Firestone doesnt make the right size tire, so had to run some basic tires. Hope they are good enough.

Hand Glove Motor vehicle Finger Bullet

Bought a kit to bond new fiction material to some blank sheets of alloy. Should improve the stopping forces as well as reduce weight.

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Gotta finish with the harness modifications. Taking all the unneeded wires out, who needs blinkers. Wish I could find a kit to convert to a kick starter. Would be a huge improvement. Have to get to MUnit mounted somewhere. Freaking thing is backordered due to COVID so ill have to wait I guess.
White Light Eyewear Product Black

Product Gear Tool Motor vehicle Font

I tried to pair things down, but all this junk has to stay. Hope I can figure out what hardware to use.

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That does pop nicely.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts