Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My signature seems to change back and forth whenever it feels like it, the site itself is up and down like a fiddlers elbow recently. Posts disappear and reappear. Doesn't matter whether I log on with my laptop or tower (I don't go there with phones because it smashes them against a wall too fast). This place is a sluggish pain in the arse. If it were a motorcycle I would scrap it and build a better, faster, more reliable one.

Can we maybe get someone along who knows how to keep this place running smoothly whilst we get the adverts rammed down our throats. Surely the site owner's pockets can stretch to maybe making it a little easier for us to earn him his money.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
My signature seems to change back and forth whenever it feels like it, the site itself is up and down like a fiddlers elbow recently. Posts disappear and reappear. Doesn't matter whether I log on with my laptop or tower (I don't go there with phones because it smashes them against a wall too fast). This place is a sluggish pain in the arse. If it were a motorcycle I would scrap it and build a better, faster, more reliable one.

Can we maybe get someone along who knows how to keep this place running smoothly whilst we get the adverts rammed down our throats. Surely the site owner's pockets can stretch to maybe making it a little easier for us to earn him his money.
Never heard it put so eloquently. Bravo.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more posts that aren't showing on the thread. They show in users latest posts but when you click on the post it takes you back to the thread where the post isn't.

garbage.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Same stuff thats been happening for a long time. It all shows up in the activity stream. Too much content here, need to let users delete their own threads. Like every other forum does.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
...need to let users delete their own threads....
Couldnt disagree more - if you post something then it should stand. Just have a look at how your cupcake thread is so fucked up and disjointed because you've deleted all your shit (actually, that probably has improved the thread now that I think of it).

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Not to toss a wrench on the works but I haven't seen these issues on either my Windoze computer at work (Lunch hour only of course!) or my Mac computers at home. I never try to connect on a phone/tablet though...

Of course I haven't done multiple sigs so there's nothing to change too... but I haven't had an issue with the missing posts.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Just clicked on one thread and couldn't see the latest message. Plus the page kept reloading. I guess I spoke too soon.

Nevermind, this place sucks! Where's my pitchfork????

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Took several minutes to type this.
Sausage fingers!!!!!

I can go from simple text message to hurl it at the wall in less than a paragraph on these evil modern phones. one minute you're stabbing at the unresponsive tiny letters on the touchscreen, the next you've sent a message via the spellfucker, telling your mom something she should never hear from her child, without even getting within 5mm of the touchscreen.

The admin need to build a new frame and work on the overall rolling chassis before swapping this engine (the members input (theads,pics)) into it.

I don't mind dickhead stickers (advertising) on the fairings (the stuff the guests are doomed to look at) But I expect a decent functioning machine underneath.

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Hey there

I forced a signature update on the site; I'd suggest also clearing your cache just to be sure. I am seeing your signature as it appears in your settings.

I am running a rebuild for the missing posts. It should correct that; takes a few hours to run, so check back later this afternoon to confirm. If you are still seeing posts that are not appearing in threads, but are in the activity feed, please post the link from the activity feed, and a screenshot for what you see when you visit the thread so we can compare and investigate.

Thanks all

Dayle

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers Dayle.

I'll keep an eye on how the signature holds out. You will be one of the first to know if it's still shit ;)

·
Administrator
214 Posts
Cheers Dayle.

I'll keep an eye on how the signature holds out. You will be one of the first to know if it's still shit ;)
Any issues with the signature since Dayle did the rebuild?

Also seem to be having issues with the password. Works fine for a while and then all of a sudden it's not recognized.
Can you clear your browsers cache and cookies, and ensure that the saved password (if you browser is set to save passwords) is correct. The browser sometimes will save two instances of your username/password (Username vs username) so please delete any old passwords that may be saved in that listing.

If you are copy/pasting your password from a listing or keychain, you can right click and "Paste as Plain Text" to see if that helps.

Let us know if you continue to have an issue.

Thanks.

- JB

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I still have the fucking log in issue.
VERY buggy site.

Can you self nuke an accont?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts